The Lilac Beauty: a Lilac Gin Cocktail
A decadent Lilac Gin cocktail to add to your springtime bar recipes. Fresh lilac syrup and fresh lilac flowers add a beautiful aroma and taste that is unique and delicious.
I’m pretty proud of this recipe because I created it myself and I couldn’t wait to share it! Springtime is the best time of year with all of the fresh flowers blooming everywhere and green popping up to make things beautiful again. When I discovered you could eat lilacs I was all in and of course, I had to make a cocktail!
Lilac Beauty Cocktail
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz lilac syrup
- 1 large egg white
- fresh lilac flowers for garnish and aroma
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lilac flowers (washed and separated from stems)
- 1-2 drops purple food coloring (or red and blue)
- Dry shake (no ice) egg white, gin, lemon juice and lilac syrup in a cocktail shaker for 20 seconds.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake again for another 20 seconds.
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a cocktail glass. Add fresh lilac flowers for garnish, the aroma will also enhance this drink.
- 1. Place all ingredients except food coloring in a small saucepan on the stove. On medium-high heat, bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture steep as it cools completely (at least 2-3 hours). Strain liquid into a container with a lid. Add food coloring if desired. The syrup will last in the fridge in a sealed container for 2-3 weeks.
I hope you get a chance to make this beautiful cocktail and if you do, tag me on Instagram @emilyfabulous_blog and show me! And if you love cocktails and fun recipes, sign up for my email list and you will receive more fun and inventive recipes in your inbox!! Cheers🍸!