large mixing bowl
tongs or salad servers
micorplane or zester
- 1 large bunch of kale, rinsed and chopped (usually 1 lb or 8 cups chopped)
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Rinse the kale really well and remove the leaves from the stems. The stems are the most bitter part of kale. Use a salad spinner or paper towels to dry the leaves as best you can. Chop the kale leaves into small pieces. The smaller pieces help the salad be less tough and easier to eat.
Zest the lemon and then juice it. You will use all of the zest and all of the juice. Add the kale, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, and parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl.
Toss everything together until the kale is coated and everything is combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, 3-4 hours is best.
- Store leftover salad covered in the fridge. It will last 2-3 days.
- This salad can be made a day in advance of an event or party.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.4g | Protein: 5.7g | Fat: 8.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 1.3g | Sugar: 0.3g | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 1mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.