- 2 ounces gin (preferably barrel-aged or old tom)
- 1 ounces Cardamaro Amaro (or an Amaro herbal liquor)
- 3-4 dashes black walnut bitters
- orange peel garnish (for aromatics and style)
- large ice cube
Prepare a low ball glass with a large ice cube. Measure all ingredients into a cocktail mixing glass with ice. Stir in circles for about 20-30 seconds. Strain into prepared glass.
Strain the cocktail into the prepared glass. Slice off a piece of orange peel (with little to no pith), twist it over the glass to release some of the oils, and place it on top of the ice cube. Enjoy immediately. Cheers!
- Make sure you stir your cocktail long enough for it to be nice and cold. Once you think it's been long enough, stir it for a few more seconds to be sure!
- If you can't find Cardamaro, here are some other Amaro Liqueurs to try:
- Averna Amaro
- Amaro Nonino
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.