- 2 tablespoons ube powder
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1½ tablespoons ube extract
- toasted coconut (optional topping)
Start by adding the ube powder and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool. To speed up cooling time, remove from the hot pan and place in the refrigerator while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Add the milk and sugar to a large mixing bowl and whisk together until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the heavy cream and ube extract.
Mix in the cooled rehydrated ube and stir until completely combined.
Add the ice cream mixture to your ice cream maker and churn for 25 minutes (or according to your manufactures instructions).
Place the ice cream in a freezer-safe covered container and allow it to firm up for a few hours or overnight. Store any leftover ice cream covered in the freezer. Enjoy!
- Make sure your ice cream maker bowl is fully frozen before you start making your ice cream mix. This can take anywhere from 6-24 hours.
- The ube powder has to be rehydrated and cooled before adding to the ice cream mixture.
- This recipe makes about 1 quart of ice cream.
- Ube extract is very concentrated and the color could stain your hands and clothes so be careful when handling it (and maybe don't wear white 🙂).
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Ice Cream Maker/Attachment and follow all safety guidelines.
Calories: 459kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 149mg | Sugar: 36g | Calcium: 112mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.