medium mixing bowl
spatula or spoon
- 5.3 ounces plain Greek yogurt (one small package)
- ¼ cup shredded cucumber
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon dried dill (you can also use fresh if you have it)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
Use a cheese grater to grate the cucumber. Place the grated cucumber on a paper towel, wrap it in a ball, and squeeze out any excess moisture.
Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Place the sauce in a covered container in the fridge until you are ready to use.
Store this homemade sauce in a covered container in the fridge. It will last for 2-3 days. When you remove the sauce from the fridge, give it a good stir to make sure everything is combined again.
- I don't peel or de-seed my cucumber before shredded. Since this is a small batch recipe, you really won't notice. Of course, you can do this if you prefer it that way.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.2g | Protein: 9.7g | Fat: 0.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 14mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 2.8g | Calcium: 114mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.