- 2 ounces black vodka
- 1 ounce raspberry liqueur (I used Chambord)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
Meringue Spider Webs
Preheat the oven to 200º F and prepare a baking sheet(s) with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Place the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt into a medium mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until foamy.
Turn the mixer to high and add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, to the mixture incorporating each tablespoon each time. Continue beating until the meringue is glossy and stiff peaks form.
Put the meringue into a piping bag with a small round piping tip (you can also use a sealable plastic bag). Begin to pipe spider webs onto the silicone mat. Start with a plus sign, then an x to make a 6-pointed star. Connect the points with a rounded line and then make a second row. Make sure none of the webs are touching
Bake the spider webs for 25 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven with the door closed for an hour. Carefully remove the spider webs from the baking sheet and place them on a plate until ready to use.
Black Widow Martini
Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with fresh ice. Shake for 10 seconds until nice and cold.
Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a pre-made meringue spider web. Add a plastic toy spider if desired and enjoy immediately. Cheers!
- You can make the black vodka ahead of time. Store the vodka in a sealable container in a cool place.
- This cocktail can be made as a large batch cocktail.
- You will have a lot of meringue to make spider webs or other shapes. You can serve the extra meringues as a treat or make plenty of spider webs for a cocktail party. Store any leftover meringues in a sealed container for 1 day.
- If you don't have a piping bag and/or a piping tip, you can use a plastic sandwich bag with the tip cut off of a corner (make it small!).
- Candy spiders are a fun decoration, please don't eat them! You could also use gummy spider candy for an edible garnish.
Serving: 1cocktail | Calories: 271kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.4g | Protein: 0.2g | Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 9.6g | Calcium: 7mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.