Servings: 1 cocktail
Refreshing and delicious Hibiscus Margaritas made with homemade hibiscus syrup and garnished with hibiscus salt.
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur
- 1 ounce hibiscus syrup
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ ounce orgeat or agave syrup
- hibiscus salt *see notes (or margarita salt)
- dried hibiscus flower, fresh mint, or lime wedge for garnish
Prepare a cocktail glass by dipping the edge in lime juice and then in hibiscus salt or margarita salt to coat the rim. Add fresh ice and set aside.
Add all of the liquids to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake until nice and cold, about 10 seconds.
Carefully strain and pour the cocktail into the prepared glass. Garnish with a dried hibiscus flower, fresh mint, or lime wedge, and enjoy. Cheers!
- To make hibiscus salt: place 2 tablespoon dried hibiscus leaves in a coffee/nut grinder or food processor and pulse a few times to create small pieces. Add the hibiscus to salt and stir to combine.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 283kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.6g | Protein: 0.1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 38mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 14.7g | Calcium: 6mg