- 1 can refrigerated large flaky biscuits
- 2-3 large apples, diced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Dice the apples into small pieces and place them into a medium saucepan. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice and cook over med-high heat for about 8-10 minutes until the apples are nice and soft. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the apple to cool while preparing the biscuits.
Open the can of biscuits and place them onto a cutting board or smooth surface. Gently roll out each biscuit to be about 4" in diameter.
Spoon some of the apple filling into the middle of one of the biscuits. Place another biscuit on top and gently crimp the edges with a fork to create a seal all the way around. Repeat with the remaining biscuits.
Preheat the air fryer at 350°F for a few minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray and place as many turnovers that will fit in the basket without them touching.
Air fry for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, there is no flipping needed. Use tongs to remove the pastries and place them on a wire rack or a plate to cool. Repeat with the remaining turnovers.
Add all of the icing ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine until the icing is nice and smooth.
You can drizzle the icing on using a spoon or place the icing in a ziplock bag, cut off one of the corners and use the bag to pipe the icing on. Enjoy!
- When you are crimping these turnovers some of the filling will most likely leak out. Don't panic, as long as most of it stays in the middle and you get a good seal, there will be no issues.
- Don't forget to spray the basket so the pies don't stick to it!
- For an easy way to spread the icing, place it in a ziplock bag and cut off one of the corners. Easy icing and easy clean-up!
- Preheating the air fryer can make a difference. Preheating will help with even cooking and less wait time in the beginning.
- Remember to always read the instruction manual and follow what your manufacturer recommends.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.4g | Protein: 4.4g | Fat: 8.3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 721mg | Potassium: 138mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 29.6g | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 2mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.