- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½-2 pounds stew meat or beef roast, cubed
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2-4 canned chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
Dry the beef well with a paper towel and cut into equally sized cubes. Turn the Instant Pot to "Saute" mode, add the olive oil and allow it to heat up for 1-2 minutes.
Add the beef pieces and brown on all sides for about 10 minutes.
Once the meat is nice and brown, add all of the remaining ingredients to the pot and stir everything together. Lock the lid in place and close the steam vent. Set to Pressure Cook on HIGH for 45 minutes. Once the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally before removing the lid. This step is important to help with the tenderness of the beef and will also make it easier to shred.
After the pin drops, carefully take off the lid and remove the bay leaves. Use your metal tongs to shred the beef and stir the juices. Dinner is served!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.