- ½-¾ cup carrot greens pesto (recipe below)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into similar sized pieces as Brussel Sprouts
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
Prepare the carrot greens pesto (recipe below) and set aside until ready to use. This can be prepared 2-3 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray both baking pans with non-stick spray. Peel the carrots first and then clean and cut the carrots and Brussel sprouts into similar-sized pieces so they all cook at the same time. Place the veggies in the larger roasting pan or baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper and mix with hands or a spoon to ensure everything is covered.
Place the chicken breasts in the smaller baking dish and sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken and the veggies in the oven. Pull out the chicken after 20 minutes. Stir the veggies and allow them to continue baking for 5 more minutes. Turn the broiler on high and roast for 5 more minutes to get a nice char on the veggies and then remove them from the oven.
Brush each chicken breast with carrot greens pesto and then take the remaining pesto and add it to the roasted veggies. Stir the veggies to fully coat them with pesto. Serve each chicken breast on top of a pile of roasted veggies and enjoy!
- I use two different pans for this meal because the chicken will cook at a different time than the veggies. You don't want to overcook the chicken or undercook the veggies.
- I used carrots and Brussel sprouts for my veggies but you can use any vegetables you love or have on hand like potatoes, onions, leeks, turnips, squash, etc. You just want vegetables that roast well and are cut in about the same size pieces.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.