- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounces Tuaca Liqueur
- 1 ounces Kahlua Liqueur
- 1 ounces gingerbread syrup (see recipe below)
- 2 tablespoon fresh whipped cream (or store-bought)
- gingerbread cookie or candied ginger for garnish
- crushed gingerbread cookies for glass rim
- colored sprinkles for rim
- fresh grated nutmeg for garnish
- 1⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare the glass with crushed gingerbread cookies around the rim using honey, simple syrup, or water to help it stick to the glass.
Add all of the cocktail ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
Strain the liquid into the prepared glass. Add the candied ginger for garnish and grate fresh nutmeg on top. Cheers!
Combine water, honey, molasses, ginger, and cinnamon in a saucepan on the stove. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat stirring constantly. Continue to boil and stir for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the vanilla.
Allow the mixture to cool completely and then strain out the solids before transferring to a glass container that seals. The syrup will last for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.
- I like to grate frozen ginger in most of my cooking. It's so quick and easy and you don't have to worry about peeling it or anything. I always have frozen ginger root in my freezer and when a recipe calls for ginger, it's right there ready to go!
- Fresh whipped cream is so delicious and easy to make. Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream to a bowl and whisk on medium speed with a hand mixer. After the cream starts to thicken, add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 cup confectioners powdered sugar. Continue to mix until nice and thick. Store covered in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.