- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in ¼" rounds
- salt and pepper for sprinkling
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni, cut into small pieces (optional)
- sliced black olives, cut into small pieces (optional)
Slice the zucchini into ¼" rounds and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat your air fryer at 350°F for 2 minutes.
Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick spray and carefully place as many zucchini slices as you can fit in the basket. Cook at 350° for 4 minutes.
Using tongs, remove each zucchini slice from the air fryer. Top each slice with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and olives.
Place the slices back in the air fryer and cook at 350°F for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from the air fryer using the tongs and allow the pizza bites to cool before enjoying.
- These Zucchini Pizza Bites are best when eaten right away. They become soggy after a while so plan to make these right before serving.
- Preheating your air fryer is not a necessity (unless otherwise noted by your manufacturer). However, it definitely helps speed up the cooking time and helps cook the food evenly.
- The first step of softening the zucchini before adding the toppings is an important step to get the zucchini to be just the right texture for these pizza bites.
- Non-stick spray is a must-have when air frying so don’t skip it. Not only does it help the food from sticking to the basket, but it also aids in the crisping of whatever you are air frying. You can use vegetable oil, olive oil, avocado oil, or whatever oil spray you like.
- Aluminum foil is also a handy tool when air frying for easier clean-up. You will get some residual oil spray at the bottom of your air fryer as well as some food that may fall off. Use a small piece of foil to catch as much as you can.
- Cooking times and temperatures may vary due to variations in equipment and may require adjustments
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Serving: 6slices | Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.6g | Protein: 2.9g | Fat: 3.1g | Saturated Fat: 1.1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 246mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 1.9g | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.