- 4 cups mango puree
- ½ cup simple syrup
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
Make sure your ice cream maker insert is frozen and your simple syrup has cooled (see recipe below).
If you are making your own puree, remove the peel and cut up 3-4 large ripe mangos. Place the pieces into a blender and blend to puree. Strain if desired and chill until you are ready to use it.
Place the mango puree, lime juice, and simple syrup into a blender and blend until combined.
Pour the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the heavy cream. Cover and place the mixture into the fridge to chill, for at least 3 hours, more if possible.
Once chilled, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 25-30 minutes. Transfer the mixture into a sealable container and freeze for a minimum of 2 hours. Serve and enjoy!
How to make simple syrup: Simple syrup is easy to make with equal parts sugar and water. For this recipe, I recommend at least 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar. Bring both ingredients to a boil, stirring occasionally, and allow the mixture to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Don't forget to freeze your ice cream maker at least a day before making your gelato.
- You can also make the simple syrup and the puree ahead of time.
- A blender is nice to mix together the puree, lime juice, and simple syrup, however, you can also use a hand mixer or a whisk and some elbow grease.
- If you are making fresh mango puree, you may want to strain the puree before using it. I didn't and had a few organic chunks in my gelato, but it didn't bother me.
- For the best results, allow the gelato to freeze overnight (if you can wait that long!).
- Lemon juice can be used as a substitute for lime juice. Just make sure it is freshly squeezed citrus juice!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 40.2g | Protein: 1.8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4.8g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 305mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sugar: 36.7g | Calcium: 33mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.