Berry Compote Filling
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries (can sub strawberries)
- ½ cup huckleberries (can sub blackberries)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- ½ cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon berry syrup from the berry compote
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sprinkles of choice
Puff Pastry Tarts
Roll out the sheet of puff pastry into a large rectangle. Cut it into 8 smaller rectangles of equal size. Place about 2 tbsp of berry compote onto one side of a rectangle.
Fold over the other half of the pastry and score with a fork around the edges and poke a few holes with a fork in the top of the pastry. Repeat with the rest of the puff pastry rectangles.
Spray the basket of the air fryer with non-stick spray and place the pastries in the basket. Make sure they have room around them for the air to circulate (you may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Cook at 350°F for 10-12 minutes. Remove the pastries from the air fryer and allow them to cool on a rack or plate.
Triple Berry Frosting
In a medium bowl or a large measuring cup (I used my measuring cup for easy pouring), add the powdered sugar, berry sauce from the compote, and lemon juice and whisk together until smooth.
Drizzle the frosting on top of the cooked pop tarts and add sprinkles to the top. Enjoy!
- Make your own puff pastry!! Check out my recipe for Quick and Easy Puff Pastry.
- The berries in the compote filling can be fresh or frozen or a combination of both. For my pop tarts, I used fresh blueberries and frozen raspberries, and huckleberries. When berries aren't in season, you can usually find a frozen bag of berries with several types. You also don't have to have 3 berries, you can just use your favorite!
- Store any leftover compote and syrup in a sealed container in the fridge. Use it as topping for ice cream, pancakes, cereal, etc. You can also use it for a refreshing drink with sparkling water or add it to a cocktail!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Serving: 1pastry | Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 12.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 15.7g | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.