Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts are the perfect way to show your valentine you care first thing in the morning or just a sweet treat! These are so easy to make and you can have them ready in less than 30 minutes.
Why I Love This Recipe
These Air Fryer Valentine's Day Doughnuts include a festive pink almond vanilla glaze and heart-shaped sprinkles, what's not to love? They are made from canned biscuits, just like my Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Lime Donuts and my Air Fryer Star Donuts, which is an easy and inexpensive way to start your Valentine's Day.
I also love this recipe because air-fried donuts are healthier than regular donuts so you can indulge without as much guilt. These are also kid-friendly, like my Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats, so everyone can enjoy these festive treats.
Key Ingredients For This Recipe
- Large Flaky Biscuits - You can use any canned biscuit you find, but I prefer the large flaky biscuits for the best texture.
- Confectioners Powdered Sugar - This is the base of the icing for the perfect sweet topping.
- Almond Extract - Almond extract adds an extra flavor layer in addition to vanilla for a unique and elevated icing.
- Pink Food Coloring - Of course, you will need pink for Valentine's day. You could also opt for red if that's what you are feeling.
- Heart-shaped or Valentine-inspired sprinkles - These sprinkles are what make these donuts extra special. You can find Valentine's sprinkles at most grocery stores during the season or online.
How to Make Doughnuts in the Air Fryer
- Place the biscuits from the can on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or a cutting board so they can rise as you are prepping. Make a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice (see ideas below).
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and milk into a bowl and whisk together until nice and smooth. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix in until you get your desired color. Once the donuts have cooled, top them with the glaze and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
Different Ways to Make a Hole in the Biscuits
Somehow, with all of the kitchen gadgets I have, I don't have a donut/biscuit cutter. Probably because I always find a way to make a hole without one. Here are some ideas of what tools you might have around your kitchen to make a hole in your doughnut:
- bottom of a large piping tip
- the lid of cooking spray (or any round lid with deep sides)
- small shot glass
- round cookie cutter
- if you can’t find any of these, you can just use a knife
What type of air fryer to use
I have the COSORI Air Fryer (shown below) and I love it. It does take up some counter space so make sure you have room for it. If you want a smaller option, check out the COSORI Small Air Fryer or a air fryer attachment for the Instant Pot.
Expert Air Fryer Tips for Valentine Donuts
- Non-stick spray is your friend! You always want to spray the basket and food before air frying (unless otherwise noted) so that nothing sticks to the basket and the outside of your food gets nice and crispy.
- Tongs are also your friend. The Mealthy Crisp Lid came with a small pair of tongs which are perfect for pulling out your food. Always be careful and use a utensil because it's hot in there!
- Preheating the air fryer can make a difference. Preheating will help with even cooking and less wait time in the beginning. If you don’t preheat, the first batch will cook differently than the next, etc.
- Remember always to read the instruction manual and follow what your manufacturer recommends.
If you get a chance to make these Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts, tag me on Instagram or Facebook and show me, or leave a review below! You can also follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my e-mail list to receive more fun and delicious recipes in your inbox.
Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts
- 1 can large flaky biscuits
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- pink food coloring
- Open the can of biscuits and place them on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or cutting board. This will allow them to rise slightly as you are prepping.
- Create a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice. As you can see in the photo, I used a large piping tip, the bottom was the perfect size! Now you have 8 large donuts and 8 donut holes to air fry.
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool. While the donuts are cooking and cooling, make the almond vanilla glaze.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and milk into a bowl and whisk together until nice and smooth. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix until you get your desired color. Once the donuts have cooled, top with the glaze and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.