Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts are the perfect way to show your valentine you care first thing in the morning or just a sweet treat! These are so easy to make and you can have them ready in less than 30 minutes.
Make these Air Fryer Valentine's Day Doughnuts that include a festive pink almond vanilla glaze and Heart-Shaped Sprinkles. Made from canned biscuits, this is an easy and inexpensive way to start your Valentine's Day. Air-fried donuts are also healthier than regular donuts so you can indulge without as much guilt 😁.
Check out my Web Story for these Valentine's Donuts!
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts
- large flaky biscuits
- confectioners powdered sugar
- almond extract
- vanilla extract
- pink food coloring
- heart-shaped or Valentine-inspired sprinkles
How to Make Doughnuts in the Air Fryer
- Place the biscuits from the can on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or a cutting board so they can rise as you are prepping. Make a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice (see ideas below).
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and milk into a bowl and whisk together until nice and smooth. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix in until you get your desired color. Once the donuts have cooled, top them with the glaze and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
Different Ways to Make a Hole in the Biscuits
Somehow, with all of the kitchen gadgets I have, I don't have a donut/biscuit cutter. Probably because I always find a way to make a hole without one. Here are some ideas of what tools you might have around your kitchen to make a hole in your doughnut:
- bottom of a large piping tip
- the lid of cooking spray (or any round lid with deep sides)
- small shot glass
- round cookie cutter
- if you can’t find any of these, you can just use a knife
What type of air fryer to use
I have the COSORI Air Fryer (shown below) and I love it. It does take up some counter space so make sure you have room for it. If you want a smaller option, check out the COSORI Small Air Fryer or an attachment for the Instant Pot.
Air Fryer Tips for Valentine Donuts
- Non-stick spray is your friend! You always want to spray the basket and food before air frying (unless otherwise noted) so that nothing sticks to the basket and the outside of your food gets nice and crispy.
- Tongs are also your friend. The Mealthy Crisp Lid came with a small pair of tongs which are perfect for pulling out your food. Always be careful and use a utensil because it's hot in there!
- Preheating the air fryer can make a difference. Preheating will help with even cooking and less wait time in the beginning. If you don’t preheat, the first batch will cook differently than the next, etc.
- Remember always to read the instruction manual and follow what your manufacturer recommends.
Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts
- small bowl
- 1 can large flaky biscuits
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon milk
- pink food coloring
- Open the can of biscuits and place them on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or cutting board. This will allow them to rise slightly as you are prepping.
- Create a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice. As you can see in the photo, I used a large piping tip, the bottom was the perfect size! Now you have 8 large donuts and 8 donut holes to air fry.
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool. While the donuts are cooking and cooling, make the almond vanilla glaze.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and milk into a bowl and whisk together until nice and smooth. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix until you get your desired color. Once the donuts have cooled, top with the glaze and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make These Air Fryer Valentine's Day Donuts?
If you make these Valentine's Donuts, I would love it if you would leave a comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you snap a photo.
If you want more easy and delicious recipes, follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my email list so you never miss a recipe!
Brianna May says
This looks so tasty!
Wonderful idea for Valentine's Day! Can't wait to try!
Thank you!! I hope you love them.
Stine Mari says
I love how easy these were to make using canned biscuits!
I'm so glad it was easy, thanks for trying the recipe and for the review!
never thought i could make donuts in the AF!
Oh yes! It's so good and so easy!
I love this for a special Valentine’s Day breakfast! Great idea and creative way to use the air fryer.
Dennis Littley says
I couldn't wait for Valentine's Day, these doughnuts were delicious!
LOL, sounds like me. I'm so glad you liked them!
So simple & delish!
These donuts look incredibly good. Making them in air fryer is an such a great idea. Can’t wait to try it.
You are going to love them, I promise!
A favorite recipe for Valentine's Day!!
These are so cute. Love how easy they are!
Thanks, Amy 🥰
I had to try these, pre- Valentine's Day, and they are a hit! I absolutely LOVE making them in the air fryer!
I'm so glad they were a hit, thanks for the review!
Easy peasy and my kids loved them
These are definitely kid-friendly and you can make them all the time!
These donuts look beautiful. That glaze is amazing. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will bake them for Valentine's.
Thanks, Natalie. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Carrie Robinson says
These would be so much fun for Valentine's Day morning! And I love that these are made in the air fryer. 🙂
Air fryers are the best! Enjoy!
Maria San Juan says
Yummy! I would love to try this! Thanks for making donuts easier to make. Thanks for sharing!
It's a little dangerous that they are so easy...but it's totally worth it!😀
These Valentine's donuts sounds so amazing., and delicious.