Lemon Curd Cocktail Recipe
This Lemon Curd Cocktail is a creamy and delicious drink made with homemade lemon curd, vanilla vodka, and fresh lemon juice. It’s easy to pull together using either homemade or store-bought lemon curd. If you like lemons, you have to try this cocktail!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please see the full disclosure for further information and thank you for your support!
Ingredients for a Lemon Curd Cocktail
- vanilla vodka
- lemon curd (recipe below or you can use store-bought)
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make this Creamy Lemon Drink
- If you are going to make your own lemon curd, follow the recipe below, and remember it has to chill for at least an hour so plan ahead.
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice (not too much). Shake for about 30 seconds until nice and cold.
- Pour through a strainer (the one with holes on your shaker if available works perfect) into a cocktail glass of choice. Serve immediately.
What is Lemon Curd?
Lemon curd originated in England in the early 1800s. Back then, the recipe used the acid of the lemon in cream to form curds and separate the whey (similar to how cheese is made). Today, there is no actual curd. Modern recipes use eggs and butter and have a consistency closer to a custard. Curds can also be made using other acidic fruit like orange, grapefruit, or passion fruit.
Tips For Making a Lemon Curd Cocktail
- Using a chilled glass is best. You can either place the glass in the freezer for at least 10 minutes or fill the glass with ice and water 10 minutes before serving the cocktail.
- For garnish, I would suggest a lemon peel twist or lemon slice.
- When adding ice to your cocktail shaker, be careful not to add too much since a lot of the ice is going to melt into the cocktail. I would say no more than 1/2 cup.
- Because lemon curd and vanilla vodka are both sweet, this cocktail is pretty sweet as well. If you are looking to tone down the sweet factor, add another 1/2 oz. of lemon juice or use regular vodka or citrus vodka.
- Cocktails are always best when you use FRESH lemon juice.
More Craft Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Huckleberry Cocktail Recipe
- Grapefruit Tequila Cocktail
- The Modern Negroni Cocktail Recipe
- Lavender Pisco Sour Recipe
- Gin Elderflower Cocktail Recipe
Lemon Curd Cocktail
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces lemon curd (recipe below)
- 1/2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for about 30 seconds until nice and cold.
- Pour through wide strainer into a cocktail glass of choice. Serve immediately and cheers!
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you make this Lemon Curd Cocktail?
If you get a chance to make this Lemon Curd Cocktail, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. You can also sign up for my email list or follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a recipe. Thanks for checking out my site!