Air Fryer Valentine’s Day Donuts
Air Fryer Valentine’s Day Donuts are the perfect way to show your valentine you care first thing in the morning or just a sweet treat! These are so easy to make and you can have them ready in less than 30 minutes.
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see the full disclosure for further information. If not otherwise stated, all prices are intended in US$ and all listed prices can change without notice.
Make these Air Fryer Valentine’s Day Doughnuts that include a festive pink almond vanilla glaze and Heart-Shaped Sprinkles. Made from canned biscuits, this is an easy and inexpensive way to start your Valentine’s Day. Air fried donuts are also healthier than regular donuts so you can indulge without as much guilt 😁.
Check out my Web Story for these Valentine Donuts!
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Valentine’s Day Donuts
- large flaky biscuits
- confectioners powdered sugar
- almond extract
- vanilla extract
- pink food coloring
- heart-shaped or Valentine inspired sprinkles
How to Make Doughnuts in the Air Fryer
- Place the biscuits from the can on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or a cutting board so they can rise as you are prepping. Make a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice (see ideas below).
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for 3-4 more minutes. Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and milk into a bowl and whisk together until nice and smooth. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix in until you get your desired color. Once the donuts have cooled, top with the glaze and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
Different Ways to Make a Hole in the Biscuits
Somehow, with all of the kitchen gadgets I have, I don’t have a donut/biscuit cutter. Probably because I always find a way to make a hole without one. Here are some ideas of what tool you might have around your kitchen to make a hole in your doughnut:
- bottom of a large piping tip
- the lid of cooking spray (or any round lid with deep sides)
- small shot glass
- round cookie cutter
- if you can’t find any of these, you can just use a knife
My Favorite Air Fryer is an Attachment!
There are so many different types of air fryers out there now, and each one is slightly different. There are countertop air fryers, air fryer ovens, and air fryer attachments to name a few. I have the Mealthy CrispLid attachment for my Instant Pot and I love it! It fits right on top of my Instant Pot and has a glass lid so I can see what’s happening to my food while air frying. It is a little smaller than some other air fryers out there, but it’s the perfect size to make these donuts!
Air Fryer Tips for Valentine Donuts
- Non-stick spray is your friend! You always want to spray the basket and food before air frying (unless otherwise noted) so that nothing sticks to the basket and the outside of your food gets nice and crispy.
- Tongs are also your friend. The Mealthy Crisp Lid came with a small pair of tongs which are perfect for pulling out your food. Always be careful and use a utensil because it’s hot in there!
- Preheating the air fryer can make a difference. Preheating will help with even cooking and less wait time in the beginning. If you don’t preheat, the first batch will cook differently than the next, etc.
- I put a piece of foil at the bottom of my pot under the basket to catch any oil or food that falls, it makes clean up so much easier!
- Remember to always read the instruction manual and follow what your manufacturer recommends.
Other Recipes to Check Out
- Conversation Heart Rice Krispie Treats
- Apple Cinnamon Swirl Bread with Caramel Apple Glaze
- Almond Kiss Cookies
- Pistachio Macarons
- Blueberry Buckle Cupcakes
Air Fryer Valentine’s Day Donuts
- Air Fryer
- non-stick spray
- small bowl
- 1 can large flaky biscuits
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- pink food coloring
- Open the can of biscuits and place them on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or cutting board. This will allow them to rise slightly as you are prepping.
- Create a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice. As you can see in the photo, I used a large piping tip, the bottom was the perfect size! Now you have 8 large donuts and 8 donut holes to air fry.
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool. While the donuts are cooking and cooling, make the almond vanilla glaze.
- Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract, and milk into a bowl and whisk together until nice and smooth. Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix until you get your desired color. Once the donuts have cooled, top with the glaze and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make These Air Fryer Valentine’s Day Donuts?
If you want more easy and delicious recipes, follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my email list so you never miss a recipe!