Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Lime Donuts are made with canned biscuits and a quick coconut lime glaze. Top them with toasted coconut and you have a quick and easy breakfast or treat.
Ingredients Needed for this Air Fryer Donut Recipe
- can of large, flaky biscuits
- non-stick spray for air fryer
- confectioners powdered sugar
- coconut extract
- lime juice and zest
- toasted coconut flakes
How to Make these Easy Donuts
- Remove the biscuits from the can and allow them to rise on a cutting board or silicone mat. Use the tool of your choice (I used a piping tip!) to make a hole in each biscuit. Now you have 8 large donuts and 8 donut holes to air fry.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350º. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket and spray the top of them. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes, spraying the other side after flipping.
- Once the donuts are nice and brown, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool. While the donuts are cooking and cooling, make the coconut lime glaze.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to fully incorporate the powdered sugar.
- Once your donuts have cooled, top them with the glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Different Ways to Make a Hole in the Biscuit
I don't make donuts that often so I've never purchased a donut cutter. They do make them, they are cookie cutters with a large hole around a small hole just like a donut.
A lot of times you don't need a specific tool for one thing. Here are some ideas of what tools you might have around your kitchen to make a hole in your donut:
- bottom of a large piping tip
- shot glass
- the lid of cooking spray (or any round lid with deep sides)
- cookie/biscuit cutter
- if you can't find any of these, you can use a knife
Tips on making the Coconut Lime Glaze
To get the glaze nice and smooth, use a whisk to make sure all of the powdered sugar gets mixed in well. You can add more lime juice or a little milk if you want a thinner glaze.
For the coconut extract, I started with ½ teaspoon and added another ½ after tasting the ratio. Remember, you can always add more flavor but you can't remove it!
An easy way to Toast Coconut
Did you know you can toast coconut in the microwave?? Place sweetened coconut on a microwave-safe plate and cook for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove the plate from the microwave and stir the coconut.
Put it back into the microwave for 20-30 second intervals, stirring after each time to even out the cooking. Be careful, the plate gets hot!! You can also toast coconut in the oven or on the stovetop in a pan. I always burn it on the stove so the microwave has become my method of choice.
Which Air Fryer I Use
There are so many different types of air fryers out there now, and each one is slightly different. There are countertop air fryers, air fryer ovens, and air fryer attachments to name a few. They even make full-size ovens that act as air fryers now!!
I have a COSORI Air Fryer (shown below) and I love it. It does take up some counter space so make sure you have room for it. If you want a smaller option, check out the COSORI Small Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Tips
- Non-stick spray is your friend! You always want to spray the basket and food before air frying (unless otherwise noted) so that nothing sticks to the basket and the outside of your food gets nice and crispy.
- Preheating the Air Fryer makes a big difference. Preheating will help with even cooking and less wait time in the beginning. If you don't preheat, the first batch will cook differently than the next, etc.
- Remember to always read the instruction manual and follow what your manufacturer recommends.
Can these be made without an Air Fryer?
Yes! If you don't have an air fryer, no problem. Preheat your oven to 350º. Dip each donut in melted butter or spray with non-stick spray on both sides. Place on a baking sheet and bake for around 15 minutes. They are done when they are nice and golden brown. Allow them to cool before adding the glaze.
Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Lime Donuts
- 1 can large flaky biscuits
Coconut Lime Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- Open the can of biscuits and place them on a non-stick surface (i.e. silicone mat, wax paper, cutting board) or a plate. This will allow them to rise slightly as you are prepping.
- Create a hole in each of the biscuits using your tool of choice. As you can see in the photo, I used a large piping tip, the bottom was the perfect size! Now you have 8 large donuts and 8 donut holes to air fry.
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray, place 3-4 donuts and holes in the basket, and spray the top of them. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes, spraying the other side after flipping.
- Once the donuts are nice and brown on each side, remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool. While the donuts are cooking and cooling, make the coconut lime glaze.
- Add all of the ingredients for the glaze into a bowl and whisk together to fully incorporate the powdered sugar. You can add more lime juice or a little milk if you want a thinner glaze.
- Once your donuts have cooled, top with the glaze and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you make these Air Fryer Donuts?
I always love to see your creations from my recipes! Tag me on Instagram or Facebook and show me what you made. You can also follow me on Pinterest or sign up for my email list and never miss a recipe!
[…] you’re on an island vacation with these tasty coconut lime donuts from EmilyFabulous. They’re made with canned biscuits and a quick glaze, making them the perfect simple and […]