Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are so easy to make, not to mention healthy, and everyone will love them. This a quick and easy recipe that cooks in 8 minutes in your air fryer! This will easily become a dinner favorite and it's kid-friendly!
Everyone loves Chicken Nuggets, right? Now you can make Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets any day of the week! This recipe is super easy and you don't need a ton of ingredients.
Why Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Are The Best:
- First, they taste delicious!
- Air-fried nuggets are healthier than oil-fried nuggets
- Kid-friendly (or do they bring out the kid in us?)
- You can dip them in whatever you want
- It only takes 8 minutes to cook them
- They freeze really well
- Make a great dinner, snack, or appetizer
- They are inexpensive to make
- No additives like the frozen bags at the grocery store
There are many other reasons but you get the point. We always have frozen chicken breast in our freezer and this is an easy go-to recipe when you don't know what to make. As I mentioned, these nuggets freeze really well in a sealed bag or container so you can make a large batch and have dinner in the freezer for a night when you have no time.
Ingredients Needed to Make These Nuggets
- 16-20 oz chicken breasts, cut into nugget size
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- olive oil
- Italian bread crumbs
- panko breadcrumbs
- parmesan cheese, finely grated
- oil spray for air frying
How to Make Air Fried Chicken Nuggets
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the breadcrumbs, panko, and cheese in a bowl and stir to combine. Place olive oil in another bowl.
- Coat each chicken piece with olive oil first and then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes at 400°. Spray the basket with non-stick spray and place chicken pieces in the air fryer basket. Spray the chicken pieces as well and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken, spray again, and cook for 4 more minutes on the other side.
The Air Fryer I Use
There are so many different types of air fryers out there now, and each one is slightly different. There are countertop air fryers, air fryer ovens, and air fryer attachments to name a few. They even make full-size ovens that act as air fryers now!!
I use a COSORI Air Fryer (shown below) and I love it! The only downside is it takes up some counter space so make sure you have room for it. If you want a smaller option, check out the COSORI Small Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- 16-20 ounces chicken breasts, cut into nugget size (about 4 breast)
- salt and pepper to season chicken
- ⅓ cup italian bread crumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dry the chicken with a paper towel and season it with salt and pepper. Cut the chicken into cubes/nugget pieces, similar in size.
- Place the breadcrumbs, panko, and parmesan cheese in a bowl and stir to combine. Place the olive oil in another bowl.
- Coat each chicken piece with olive oil first and then roll it in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer for 3-4 minutes at 400°F. Spray the basket with non-stick spray and carefully place the chicken pieces in the basket. Add as many that will fit with room around each one to have the hot air circulate around them. Spray the top of the chicken pieces with non-stick spray and cook for 4 minutes. Flip the chicken, spray again, and cook for 4 more minutes on the other side.
- Allow the chicken nuggets to cool slightly before serving with your favorite dip. Enjoy!
- The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165°F.
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make These Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets?
Thanks for visiting my site and checking out my Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Recipe! If you make this recipe, don't forget to rate and comment below. And if you snap a pic, tag me on Instagram or Facebook!
If you want more recipes, follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my email list and I will send them right to your inbox!