Air Fryer Star Donuts are easy to make from canned biscuits and perfect for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or any other celebration. You can have fun and delicious donuts in 25 minutes using your air fryer!
Make these Air Fryer Star Doughnuts that include festive red and blue icing and red, white, and blue sprinkles. Made from canned biscuits, this is an easy and inexpensive way to celebrate the Fourth of July, Memorial Day, or any celebration.
Air-fried donuts are also healthier than regular donuts so you can indulge without as much guilt. If you are looking for more fun red, white, and blue treats, check out my Blueberry Puff Pastry Stars and my Rice Krispie Treat Stars!
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Star Donuts
For these donuts, you only need a handful of ingredients including a can of refrigerated biscuits, confectioner's powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and sprinkles.
Equipment Needed to Make Start Donuts in the Air fryer
How to Make Air Fryer Donuts
- Place the biscuits on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or cutting board. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, you may need to gently stretch out the biscuits to fit the star shape.
- Cut out a star on each of the biscuit rounds. You can make small donut holes with the excess biscuit so there is no waste 😀.
- Preheat your air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350°F. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 4 stars (or however many fit in your air fryer) in the basket and spray the top of them with the non-stick spray as well.
- Cook for 3 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the donuts from the air fryer and allow them to cool. Repeat with the remaining stars.
- To make the icing, Add ½ cup of powdered sugar to each small mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla in each bowl until smooth. Add a few drops of each food coloring to the separate bowls and combine until you get the desired colors. Once the donuts have cooled, dip the donuts into the icing and put sprinkles on top.
Air Fryer Tips for Donuts
- Dipping the top of the donuts in the icing at a 90º angle gets a nice coating all over the top. You may find that you want to dip the donut 2-3 times to get a thick layer of icing. Just make sure you put on the sprinkles right away so they dry in the icing.
- Preheating the air fryer can make a difference. Preheating will help with even cooking and less wait time in the beginning. If you don’t preheat, the first batch will cook differently than the next, etc.
- Non-stick spray is your friend! You always want to spray the basket and food before air frying (unless otherwise noted) so that nothing sticks to the basket and the outside of your food gets nice and crispy.
- Tongs are also very useful since the air fryer gets HOT! Always be careful and use a utensil because it’s hot in there!
- Remember to always read the instruction manual and follow what your manufacturer recommends.
Other Air Fryer Recipes to Check Out
- Frozen Spring Rolls cooked in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Jalapeño Popper Taquitos
- Pop-Tarts made from scratch and baked in the air fryer
- Air Fryer Chimichangas
- Air Fryer Bruschetta
Air Fryer Star Donuts
- 2 small bowls
- 1 can large flaky biscuits
- 1 cup confectioners powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring
- red, white and, blue sprinkles
- Open the can of biscuits and place them on a non-stick surface like a silicone mat, wax paper, or cutting board. Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, you may need to gently stretch out the biscuits to fit the star shape.
- Cut out a star on each of the biscuit rounds. You can make small donut holes with the excess biscuit so there is no waste.
- Preheat your air fryer for a few minutes at 350°F. Once preheated, spray the basket with non-stick spray. Place 4 stars (or however many fit in your basket) in the basket and spray the top of them with the non-stick spray as well. Cook for 3 minutes, flip, spray the other side, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the donuts from the air fryer and allow them to cool. Repeat with the remaining stars.
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar to each small mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon milk and ½ teaspoon vanilla in each bowl until smooth. Add a few drops of each food coloring to the separate bowls and combine until you get the desired colors. Once the donuts have cooled, dip the donuts into the icing and put sprinkles on top. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make These Air Fryer Star Donuts?
If you make these star-shaped donuts, I would love it if you would leave a comment below. You can also tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you snap a photo.
If you want more easy and delicious recipes, follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my email list so you never miss a recipe!
this saved the day when my kid wanted donuts for her bday party and i didn't want to turn on the oven!
Yay! I'm so glad you found the recipe and saved the day!🦹♀️
These donuts look amazing, great job!
Claudia Lamascolo says
Very easy and delicious we will make this one again for sure thanks for sharing with us
So glad to hear it, Claudia! Thank you.
Theseir-fryer donuts look amazing and festive perfect for July 4th. I am making it right away.
A perfect treat for today. Looks so cute,. New recipe to try in my air fryer. Thanks for sharing.
These star donuts were a hit with my kids!! So much fun, and so easy to make!
I'm so glad everyone loved them, thanks for giving them a try!
Suja MD says
One of my favorites! These looks absolutely great! can't wait to try!
I can't believe I have never tried making donuts in my air fryer! What an awesome idea. It makes for a fun activity for my toddler too! Thanks for sharing.
You guys will have so much fun with these donuts!!
Gina Abernathy says
These look great and so easy to make. I know several children who would love to try this recipe. I would love to eat these.
Everyone in my house loves them, kids and adults!
These donuts are so cute! I love that you can make donuts in different shapes in an air fryer. I admit I don't yet have one, but I've been meaning to get one and this recipe has put me that one step closer. I'll be making these donuts as soon as I get the fryer. Thank you! I love how festive these are!
I hope you get an air fryer soon!! They are so convenient and versatile. You won't be disappointed and then you can make donuts whenever you want!
Gabriela Herrera says
The fact that these are from a can of flaky biscuits and looks so stinking cute is just mind blowing and then made in the air fryer you would be a fool not to make these.
It really is crazy when you put it that way, ha!
I love that these are made with a patriotic theme! I so want to make them, I think I'll tell my family they use an exotic ingredient that's only available around the 4th of July. LOL
LOL, you are too funny! It's hard to resist but holidays make the perfect excuse to indulge 😁.
What a great idea! My boys would love these!
They are kiddo-approved! Enjoy!
These air fryer star donuts are so cute! I have to make those right away! Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe!
Thanks, Nora, enjoy!!