These Air Fryer Taquitos are quick, easy, and delicious! Everyone in your family will love these and the possibilities of what to put inside and on top are endless!
This easy Air Fryer Taquitos recipe will become a favorite in your house for a quick and healthy meal that everyone will love. You can fill these Air Fryer Taquitos with any filling you choose and top them with your favorite salsa or dip!
What fillings can I put in air fryer taquitos?
That's what's great about taquitos, you can fill them with so many different options! The filling is cooked ahead of time so taquitos are also great for leftovers. Here are a few ideas:
- ground beef with taco seasoning (as shown)
- Mexican shredded beef
- Kalua Pork
- beans and cheese
- shredded chicken
- fish or shrimp
How to keep your taquitos rolled up while they are frying
Taquitos can be tricky to roll and keep rolled while air frying, frying, or baking. For the corn tortillas to cooperate, they need to be warm and moist. My secret is wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving them for 20-30 seconds. This will make them nice a pliable to roll them.
The other thing I do to ensure my taquitos stay rolled...toothpicks! Toothpicks work for any method and not only ensure the taquito stays rolled, but they also help keep in all the goodies inside. Don't forget to take them out before serving!
Which Air Fryer I Use
There are so many different types of air fryers out there now, and each one is slightly different. There are countertop air fryers, air fryer ovens, and air fryer attachments to name a few. They even make full-size ovens that act as air fryers now!!
I recently upgraded to the COSORI Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo (shown below) and I love it! The only downside is it takes up some counter space so make sure you have room for it. If you want a smaller option, check out the COSORI Small Air Fryer.
What if I don't have an air fryer?
If you don't have an air fryer or don't want to drag it out of the cupboard (come on, we've all been there), you can also bake these in the oven at 375°F for about 10 minutes on each side or fry them in some oil. Frying is less healthy but delicious.
Can I freeze Air Fryer Taquitos?
Yes! You can make these ahead of time and freeze them for a quick snack or meal. Bonus, kids LOVE taquitos! Just put them in a sealable bag or container and they will be good for a few months. You can also put frozen taquitos right into your air fryer! Just cook for about double the time and check to make sure the inside is nice and toasty.
More easy and family-friendly meals to Check Out
- Roasted Veggie Cheese Quesadillas
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe
- Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
Air Fryer Taquitos
- aluminum foil
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- 12-16 ounces cooked ground beef, chicken or meat of choice (taco seasoning optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- non-stick spray
- salsa, sour cream, green onion, black olives (for dipping and garnish)
- Cook ground beef (or meat of choice) first. This is also a great recipe for leftover meat. I like to cook the ground beef with taco seasoning for more flavor. Once your meat is fully cooked or re-heated, remove it from the heat and set it aside. While your meat is cooking or heating, shred your cheese or have it ready for taquito assembly.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and cook in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds to warm up for rolling. Keep them wrapped in a paper towel until you are ready to roll the tortilla. Place one tortilla on your work surface, sprinkle with cheese and meat and roll up from end to end (see video above). Place a toothpick on wither end of the rolled taquito in order to keep the meat and cheese inside and to keep the taquito from rolling open while cooking. Assemble as many taquitos as your air fryer will hold. Mine only holds 4 at a time so I roll 4 and leave the rest of the tortillas in the paper towel until I'm ready to assemble more.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with non-stick spray. Place the rolled taquitos in the basket making sure there is a little room between each one and spray again with non-stick spray. Cook at 375°F for 4 minutes. Carefully remove the toothpicks, flip, spray and cook for an additional 4 minutes. While your taquitos are air frying, you can assemble more for the next batch!
- Once the taquitos are done, remove them from the basket and continue cooking the rest (don't forget to remove the toothpicks!). Serve with salsa, sour cream, green onions, black olives, or whatever dip and garnish you love. Enjoy!
- Nutrition estimates are for 1 taquito with 85% lean ground beef, cheese, and a corn tortilla only.
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Let Me Know if you Make These Air Fryer Taquitos
Thanks for checking out my site. I hope you have a chance to make this or one of my other yummy recipes. Follow me on Instagram or Facebook and don't forget to tag me if you take a picture of your meal!
You can also follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my mailing list and receive great recipes and ideas right into your inbox!