Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake
This Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake is protein-packed, delicious, and has tons of cheese and bacon! Bake everything in your cast iron skillet and you’ll have dinner ready in no time!!
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through a link. Please see the full disclosure for further information.
I’m becoming a fan of one-pan meals mostly because they are usually quick and easy. There are also fewer dishes to clean and I’m all for that! Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese are staples in my house. We always have them on hand so I was looking for something new to make. This is what led me to the Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake.
I first saw a similar recipe on Tablespoon. I wanted to use fresh onion and immediately knew that bacon was going to be part of this dish! It was definitely the right call. As I mentioned above, this skillet dish basically tastes like a baked potato without the potato. Yum!
Ingredients for this Gluten-Free Bake
- chicken breasts (or you can use leftover chicken!)
- broccoli florets
- vegetable oil
- small onion
- garlic (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- cream of chicken soup
- cooked quinoa (cook according to instructions on box)
- cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
How to make This Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook your bacon and set aside. Cook quinoa according to directions on the package.
- In a cast-iron skillet on med-high heat, cook the chicken in the butter. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the oil, broccoli, diced onion, and garlic to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Turn down the heat to med-low and add the soup, quinoa, 1 cup of cheese, and the cooked chicken to the skillet. Stir to combine and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once everything is combined, turn off the heat and sprinkle the top with the rest of the cheese and the chopped bacon. Place the skillet into the oven for 25 minutes.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is the seed of a flowering plant. It has protein, fiber, B vitamins, and iron to name a few of its benefits and it’s kind of like rice. It absorbs flavor and is pretty versatile.
Quinoa made its appearance a few years ago, as I’m sure you all remember. I was pretty happy to be able to finally be able to pronounce it just like everyone else! Then, the kale and avocado toast craze took over and quinoa was on the back burner. Anyway, I still love quinoa and have started using it again in my meals.
Can this Skillet Meal be Vegetarian?
You could absolutely make this vegetarian and eliminate the chicken and bacon and add more fresh veggies or tofu. If you don’t have or like quinoa, you could always use brown rice. This is also a great recipe for a weeknight and is definitely kid-friendly. I always love a recipe that will use up veggies and leftover chicken in the fridge and this is one of them.
And some more of my Easy Dinner Recipes
Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake
- cast iron skillet
- 4-5 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced (or you can use leftover chicken!)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.75 oz.)
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (cook according to instructions on box)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook your bacon however you would like (I put mine in the microwave for about 3 minutes). Set aside the bacon to cool and crisp up. The quinoa also needs to be cooked before adding it to the skillet, so prepare as instructed on the box (I used the microwave for this too).
- In your skillet on med-high heat, add the butter and chicken pieces and cook the chicken completely. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside (if you are using leftover chicken or pre-cooked chicken, you can skip this step).
- In the same skillet, add the oil, broccoli, diced onion and garlic to the pan and cook for about 2 minutes (if you are using garlic powder, wait to add until you add the soup). Turn down the heat to medium and then add the soup, quinoa, 1 cup of cheese and the cooked chicken to the skillet. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once everything is combined, turn off the heat and sprinkle the top with the rest of the cheese and the chopped bacon. Place the skillet into the oven for about 25 minutes until everything is nice and hot and the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the plates you are serving it on for a few minutes before enjoying (trust me, it's VERY hot).
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
It took me a while to come up with a name for this recipe. There are so many goodies and I wanted to describe them all. I almost ended up with Gluten-Free Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli Quinoa Skillet Bake. That was just a little long…ok maybe a lot long. So instead, I landed on Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake. It’s still long, but I think it works.
More Gluten-Free Recipes:
- 10 Gluten-Free Instant Pot and Air Fryer Recipes
- Gluten-Free Coconut Madeleines
- Easy French Onion Soup (just eliminate the flour!)
Did you Make this Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli Quinoa Bake?
Show me your awesome kitchen creation on Instagram or Facebook. Tag me in your pic and let me know how it was! If you want more Fun and Delicious Recipes and in your inbox, sign up for my mailing list or follow me on Pinterest and never miss a recipe! Thanks for visiting my site!