Make this Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake recipe for your next party or family dessert. This cheesecake has fresh strawberry puree and a gluten-free honey almond crust that is to die for. Cheesecake made in an electric pressure cooker comes out creamy and crack-free every time!
How to make Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Making cheesecake in the Instant Pot or an Electric Pressure Cooker is way easier than it seems. The steps that take the longest are chilling time and the crust. The crust is only because it bakes twice. Once you have your crust ready, mix the cheesecake filling ingredients with a hand mixer until creamy. Then, you will stir in the delicious homemade strawberry puree (or preserves if you decide not to make a puree). Add your filling to your crust, pressure cook for 25 minutes, allow to chill, and enjoy!
Why use a pressure cooker vs. the oven?
- The baking time of a cheesecake in the Instant Pot is much faster than in the oven. Because you have steam everywhere in the pressure cooker, your cheesecake will always come out moist and crack-free.
- If it's summertime or warm outside, there is no need to turn on the oven!
- Listen, it's just pretty darn cool that you can make a cheesecake in the Instant Pot, right?!?
The Honey Almond Crust is Gluten-Free!
This Honey Almond Crust is so amazing, and it's Gluten-Free! This makes the entire dessert gluten-free which is perfect if you are entertaining anyone with a restriction or just want to try something sans gluten. This crust bakes twice, once to get it nice and crispy and twice to get it molded for the cheesecake. Don't worry, it's super easy to put together (and the extras make delicious crackers to munch on!
This recipe uses the same Honey Almond Crust as my Instant Pot Lavender Cheesecake recipe. It's such a versatile crust, I use it for more than just cheesecake. Once you get the steps down on how to make a cheesecake in the Instant Pot, the flavor combinations are endless!
Homemade Strawberry Puree is so easy to make!
You can make your own quick strawberry puree and it comes together in just a few minutes. You also get a beautiful strawberry syrup as a result and you can use it as a topping for your cheesecake, on pancakes, or in a cocktail! To make strawberry puree, take 1 cup of strawberries (cleaned and hulled), 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of sugar and add them to a saucepan on the stove. Cook over med-high heat until the mixture boils. Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes and then turn the heat down to simmer for another 5 minutes. As the mixture is cooking and cooling, smash the berries with a smasher or a large spoon to break them up and release all of the yummy juices. Once the mixture has cooled, strain through a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. The strawberries in the sieve will be your puree and the liquid in the bowl is your syrup. So easy and so delicious!
How to prepare your Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker to bake a cheesecake
Since you are cooking your cheesecake on the HIGH Pressure Cook mode, it will be very hot when done. And since you have to pull the cheesecake out of the Instant Pot right away, you need to prepare for this ahead of time. in order to safely remove the springform pan from the pressure cooker, you will need to make a quick and easy foil sling to be able to pull the pan out (see photo). Take a 26-28 " piece of foil, fold it in half the long way. Fold it in half again and you will have a long and reinforced rectangle. Place it in the bottom of the pressure cooker with the two ends sticking up. Those will be your handles to pull up the pot. Easy Peasy!
Toppings and Serving Tips
This Strawberry Cheesecake is honestly good as is because it already has the strawberry in the filling and the honey almond crust. I love whipped cream on pretty much everything and always opt to add a little to a slice of cheesecake. When strawberries are in season, a fresh strawberry on top is also a perfect choice to enhance the strawberry flavor and add an additional pop of color to your presentation. However you decide to serve this dessert, everyone will love it.
Tips and Tricks for this recipe:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are room temperature before mixing. This will ensure you have the creamiest cheesecake possible and all of the ingredients will fully incorporate with each other.
- Have a paper towel handy for when you open the lid of the pressure cooker after cooking. There will be a little condensation and you want to gently dab it away as fast as possible.
- The foil sling is a must in order to be safe when removing the pan from the instant pot after cooking. Everything is hot so you need to be very careful!
- A silicone mat works best for baking the honey almond crust. This makes removal and clean up a breeze. If you don't have one, use parchment paper.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
- Easy Macaron Recipe for Beginners
- Lemon Lavender Cupcakes
- Gluten-Free Coconut Madeleines
- Fresh Cherry Tart
Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- 7" springform pan
- silicone mat or parchment paper
Honey Almond Crust
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- ⅓ cup sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 large egg, room temp
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry puree (I make my own, see notes)
Honey Almond Crust
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- Place butter and sugars in a bowl and beat until well combined. Add honey and vanilla and continue to mix. Add flour and salt and mix completely. Spread the mixture onto the prepared pan into a thin rectangular sheet, about ¼ inch or so thick. Don't worry about being perfect because you are going to crumble it up.
- Bake for 20 minutes until nice and crispy. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack in the fridge for about 10-15 minutes. Break the rectangle into pieces and place them in a food processor. Pulse into crumbles. The mix will be nice and buttery and easy to mold into your greased springform pan.
- Pour crumbs into the bottom of the springform pan and press into the bottom and sides to form the crust. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and let it cool on a rack while you prepare the filling.
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- Place the cream cheese in a mixer and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar and salt and continue to mix until everything is combined. Next, add the lemon juice and vanilla and continue mixing. Add the egg and beat the mixture until smooth. Remove the mixer and add the strawberry puree. Mix the puree in by hand with a spatula.
- Pour the filling onto the baked crust in the springform pan. Tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles and level.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Make a foil sling (see picture) and place it on top of the trivet. Pour 1½ cups water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Carefully place the cheesecake pan on top of the trivet. Fold the sides of the foil sling in so they don't get in the way of the lid.
- Lock the lid in place and set your Instant Pot on high-pressure cook for 25 minutes. Once complete, allow the Instant Pot to naturally pressure release for 10 minutes and then manually release the rest of the steam carefully. Remove the lid quickly and carefully to avoid condensation from dripping on the cheesecake. Use the corner of a paper towel to carefully soak up any water on top of the cheesecake. Use the sling to remove the cheesecake and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour (be careful, it's hot!).
- After cooling for an hour on the rack, place the cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Quick Strawberry Puree: take 1 cup of strawberries (cleaned and hulled), 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of sugar and add them to a saucepan on the stove. Cook over med-high heat until the mixture boils. Allow the mixture to boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and then turn the heat down to simmer for another 5 minutes. As the mixture is cooking and cooling, smash the berries with a smasher or a large spoon to break them up and release all of the yummy juices. Once the mixture has cooled, strain through a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. The strawberries in the sieve will be your puree and the liquid in the bowl is your syrup. So easy and so delicious!
- You can use strawberry preserves or strawberry jam if you don't have fresh strawberries or don't want to make your own puree.
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature to get the creamiest cheesecake possible!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make This Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake?
As always, thanks for checking out my recipe! If you get a chance to make this Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake, tag me on Instagram or Facebook and show me! Don’t forget to PIN this recipe for later and follow me on Pinterest.
Sign up for my mailing list and not only will you get easy and delicious recipes right to your inbox!
Wow this recipe for strawberry cake looks so delicious and yummyyy, thanks for sharing this recipe for us...
This strawberry cheesecake recipe sounds so delightful and perfect for the summer. Can't wait to try it!
It's so good, I hope you get a chance to try it out!
This is just what I need. I love strawberry cheesecake. Thanks for sharing.
Britt K says
Okay, my husband is OBSESSED with cheesecake and the fact that this can be made easily in the instant pot is definitely a BIG win! I'm going to have to send him this link.
Yes!! Cheesecake in the Instant Pot is a game-changer!
The best strawberry cake I have seen. I love how you decorated this goodness cake.
Stacie Yocum says
This looks amazing. I'm passing it on to my sister to make. Lmao.
Good idea, I hope you guys enjoy them!
Andi Alverson says
Looks so good! I love strawberry anything! 🙂
I totally agree!
Katrina Crandall says
What an amazing treat this is! I love the almond in the crust, and the fact that it's gluten free makes it just perfect! Thanks for a delicious recipe.
This looks like the perfect way to use the strawberries I just picked from my garden! ?
Yes! There is nothing better than fresh strawberries...and cheesecake!
Looks delicious! I loge a good cheesecake recipe. I am pinning this for later ! ✨?
This recipe looks so delicious, definitely gonna have to try it out soon