Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad
This summer Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad has fresh strawberries, crunchy candied almonds, and tangy goat cheese for the perfect combination of flavors. Top with a strawberry vinaigrette and you will have your go-to summer salad!
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Please see the full disclosure for further information. If not otherwise stated, all prices are intended in US$ and all listed prices can change without notice.
One of my favorite times of year is the beginning of summer when strawberry season is in full swing. I always go a little crazy at the strawberry farm and find myself making strawberry everything, including this Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad.
This salad has the perfect combination of sweet, salty, tangy, and crunchy to satisfy anyone. You could serve this as a light meal or increase the portions for the perfect summer salad for a gathering.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad
Lettuce– I used butter lettuce for this salad because I love the flavor and texture of butter lettuce and it works well with all of the bold flavors going into this salad. I also love the way butter lettuce can be presented in the bowl.
Strawberries– You will need fresh strawberries that are just slightly firm for easier slicing and so that they hold up when mixing in the salad. If the strawberries are too soft they will break up too much.
Nuts– I found some honey-roasted sliced almonds at the grocery store and they were the perfect sweet addition to this salad. You could also toast or slice your own, but I’m all about ease and convenience. If you prefer almonds that are not sweetened, they would be delicious too.
Cheese– Crumbled goat cheese was my first choice for this salad because of its strong tangy flavor and the texture is always perfect for salads. I used a crumbled goat cheese which seems to work better than the log form which tends to be softer.
Other Flavor Combinations for this Salad
One of the great things about salads is you can substitute and add anything you like. For the lettuce spinach or mixed greens are a good substitution since they are still soft and mild in flavor. Walnuts or pecans are also delicious in salads. If you don’t like goat cheese, you could also use feta or blue cheese.
Which Salad Dressing to Use for this Recipe
I recommend a sweet and tangy dressing like my Strawberry Shrub Vinaigrette or a balsamic vinaigrette for this salad. I wouldn’t recommend a creamy dressing like ranch or blue cheese unless you omit the goat cheese. Of course, you can use any salad dressing you like.
More Fresh and Healthy Recipes
- Crunchy Kale Parmesan Salad
- Healthy Shrimp Ceviche
- Chicken Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
- Sticky Beef, Broccoli, and Rice
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Banana Cookies
Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad
- medium bowl
- sharp knife
- 3-4 medium strawberries, thinly sliced
- ½ head butter lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 2 tbsp candied almonds
- 2 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
- strawberry shrub vinigrette (or balsamic vinaigrette)
- Rinse, dry, and hull the strawberries. Cut each one into thin slices and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the butter lettuce and cut off the core at the bottom to create separate leaves. Arrange the leave around the bottom of the bowl in 3-4 layers starting largest to smallest. Place the strawberries on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese and candied almonds on top. Add your favorite salad dressing and enjoy!
- Nutrition values for salad only, no dressing.
- If you are making for a crowd, I would recommend serving without the dressing. This way you can store the leftovers covered in the fridge. If the salad had dressing on it, it will get soggy.
- Substitutions include spinach or mixed greens, walnuts or pecans, and feta or blue cheese.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make this Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad?
If you want more fun and delicious recipes, follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my email list and you will never miss a recipe!