No-Bake Cake Batter Mousse
A super easy and fast No-Bake Cake Batter Mousse recipe that is ready in less than 10 minutes! You can top this “mousse” with any toppings you like and everyone will love it! If you love cake batter, whipped cream and delicious desserts, this recipe is for you!
Confession time. I LOVE CAKE BATTER, WHIPPED CREAM & FROSTING!! Seriously, I think I have a problem. I used to say I only made cupcakes so I could eat the batter and the frosting, and I’m pretty sure it was true. Now I bake because I love creating and sharing delicious desserts and dishes with my family and friends. Oh, and I like to lick the spoon?!
I saw a recipe in a Cool Whip ad for a no-bake confetti cake and I was intrigued. It basically looked like whipped cream in a bowl so it was definitely for me. I decided to take my own spin and use real whipped cream (any excuse to make and eat fresh whipped cream) and add my own flair with crushed graham crackers and sprinkles.
I made this when I was home alone and I did not share, sorry family ?. It was amazing and will forever be a go-to for me when I have a sweet craving.
I love recipes that can be altered to your own tastes and desires and this is one of them. Don’t like cream cheese? Don’t add it. Want chocolate? Add some chocolate chips or chocolate syrup. Want to pretend you are being healthy? Add some fresh fruit!
No-Bake Cake Batter Mousse
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp confectioners powdered sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup cake mix (I used vanilla)
- crushed graham crackers
- Place heavy whipping cream in a bowl and beat on medium for 30 seconds and then high for 30 seconds. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating on high until you have stiff peaks.
- In another bowl, add cream cheese and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the vanilla and continue to beat until creamy and smooth. Add the cake mix and mix in completely.
- Add the whipped cream to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture and fold in with a rubber/silicone spatula.
- From here you can spoon some of the mousse into your cup or bowl. Or, if you want a fancier look, add the mixture to a piping bag and pipe a little into the bottom of your cup or bowl.
- Sprinkle the graham crackers and sprinkles on top of the first layer. Add another layer of whipped cream mixture and sprinkle more goodies on top.
- This recipe is meant for 2-3 people but you can always increase the measurements and make more. These would be fun at a party or for kids.
- You can substitute the whipped cream with a whipped topping like Cool Whip.
- Be creative with your toppings! Add fresh fruit, chocolate chips or nuts. You can out whatever you like on top!
This No-Bake Cake Batter Mousse also makes an amazing fruit dip for a party because it’s so quick and easy to make! Serve with fresh fruit, cookies, graham crackers, etc. and you will have a crowd-pleasing dessert!