Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is perfect for salads or dipping. Made with fresh ingredients and seasonings, anyone can make this condiment. This dressing is a Chick Fil A copycat that you can make at home!
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please see the full disclosure for further information and thank you for your support!
I’m pretty sure there are two types of people out there: lovers of ranch and ranch haters. Ranch dressing could be a major food group for me. I like ranch on salads, with pizza, as a vegetable dip, etc. Once I discovered this Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing, I’ve decided this is my new favorite version. Inspired by Chick-Fil-A’s salad dressing, this version only has a few ingredients and takes about 10 minutes or less to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- a ripe avocado
- sour cream (or you can substitute greek yogurt)
- fresh garlic
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- fresh green onion stalks
- dried dill
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
How to Make This Avocado Lime Ranch Sauce
Making homemade salad dressing is pretty easy and for this recipe, your food processor does most of the work for you! Once you prep all of your ingredients, all you have to do is throw them in the food processor or blender and blend them together. You can decide the consistency you want your avocado lime ranch dressing to be, so stop earlier if you want a thicker sauce or continue to process for a smoother finish.
What to Use this Chick Fil A Copy Cat Dressing For
- The original reason for making this recipe was for a salad dressing of course!
- Use as a dipping sauce for chips, veggies or my Air Fryer Zucchini Chips!
- This ranch dressing makes a great sauce for grilled steak or chicken.
- Try using this avocado lime sauce instead of mayonnaise and herbs the next time you make egg salad or chicken salad.
Tools to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
My favorite food processor for making this ranch dressing is my mini KitchenAid food processor. It’s small and compact so it doesn’t take up a lot of space and it’s the perfect size for this recipe!
I’ve also recently discovered a silicone blender spatula and I use it for everything! It’s long and thin and gets all of those delicious bits you couldn’t reach before.
And to store your avocado lime salad dressing, check out these sealable pint canning jars in a set of 4. You can use these babies for anything from storing food, drinking, and canning!
More Recipes to Check Out
- Strawberry Shrub Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Crunchy Kale Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad
- Healthy Shrimp Ceviche
- Chile Relleno Cheese Dip
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3-4 stalks green onion, chopped (green and white parts)
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients and add them to the food processor or blender.
- Process/blend until everything is combined, you have a thick sauce, and it's at your desired consistency. Store in the fridge in a sealed container or a covered bowl until ready to use. It will last in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
- You can substitute greek yogurt for sour cream.
- If you want a thinner sauce, you can add a little more buttermilk while processing. Start with a small amount because a little goes a long way!
- Store your Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make This Avocaco Lime Ranch Dressing?
You can also sign up for my mailing list and follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a recipe!