Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is perfect for salads or dipping. Made with fresh ingredients and seasonings, anyone can make this condiment. This dressing is a Chick Fil A copycat that you can make at home!
I'm pretty sure there are two types of people out there: lovers of ranch and ranch haters. Ranch dressing could be a major food group for me. I like ranch on salads, with pizza, as a vegetable dip, etc. Once I discovered this Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing, I've decided this is my new favorite version. Inspired by Chick-Fil-A's salad dressing, this version only has a few ingredients and takes about 10 minutes or less to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- a ripe avocado
- sour cream (or you can substitute greek yogurt)
- fresh garlic
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- fresh green onion stalks
- dried dill
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
How to Make This Avocado Lime Ranch Sauce
Making homemade salad dressing is pretty easy and for this recipe, your food processor does most of the work for you! Once you prep all of your ingredients, all you have to do is throw them in the food processor or blender and blend them together. You can decide the consistency you want your avocado lime ranch dressing to be, so stop earlier if you want a thicker sauce or continue to process for a smoother finish.
What to Use this Chick Fil A Copy Cat Dressing For
- The original reason for making this recipe was for a salad dressing of course!
- Use as a dipping sauce for chips, veggies or my Air Fryer Zucchini Chips!
- This ranch dressing makes a great sauce for grilled steak or chicken.
- Try using this avocado lime sauce instead of mayonnaise and herbs the next time you make egg salad or chicken salad.
Tools to Make Homemade Ranch Dressing
My favorite food processor for making this ranch dressing is my mini KitchenAid food processor. It’s small and compact so it doesn't take up a lot of space and it's the perfect size for this recipe!
I’ve also recently discovered a silicone blender spatula and I use it for everything! It’s long and thin and gets all of those delicious bits you couldn’t reach before.
And to store your avocado lime salad dressing, check out these sealable pint canning jars in a set of 4. You can use these babies for anything from storing food, drinking, and canning!
More Recipes to Check Out
- Strawberry Shrub Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Crunchy Kale Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry Butter Lettuce Salad
- Healthy Shrimp Ceviche
- Chile Relleno Cheese Dip
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3-4 stalks green onion, chopped (green and white parts)
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients and add them to the food processor or blender.
- Process/blend until everything is combined, you have a thick sauce, and it's at your desired consistency. Store in the fridge in a sealed container or a covered bowl until ready to use. It will last in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
- You can substitute greek yogurt for sour cream.
- If you want a thinner sauce, you can add a little more buttermilk while processing. Start with a small amount because a little goes a long way!
- Store your Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make This Avocaco Lime Ranch Dressing?
If you make this Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. I’d love to see what you are making in your kitchen. And, don't forget to leave a review 🙂.
You can also sign up for my mailing list and follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a recipe!
Absolutely delish. Everyone loved it.
This recipe was so easy to make and sooo delicious! Thank you so much for the recipe
Thanks for trying my recipe, Bianca. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
Jodi Reed says
This is my favorite dressing from chick fill a. I absolutely love this!
It so, so good! Enjoy!
Kayla DiMaggio says
This avocado lime ranch dressing is amazing! Added it to a taco salad and it was delicious!
It's almost like it was made for Mexican food!!!
My hubby and I absolutely loved this for our salad the other night! Such a tasty and very delicious! Excited to make this again!
So happy to hear it, Beth! Thanks for trying my recipe.
Extremely easy to make and so good! It's become part of my favorite dressings!
Homemade dressings really are so easy, and so much better than store-bought, IMO. Thanks for trying it out!
Avocado and lime are such a great combination! I would this dressing.
You gotta try it, they go together perfectly!
I could literally drink this!
LOL...I feel the same way 😂!
Cindy Mom the Lunch Lady says
Omg this sauce would be amazing on chicken burgers!!! I love all these ingredients so have them on hand to try this!
Oh yes, this would be great with chicken. Let me know how it turns out!
Claudia Lamascolo says
What a refreshing dressing we would love these flavors a must try!
I love avocado dressings for salads. This one looks delicious with a perfect balance of flavors and ingredients.
AVocados are the best, aren't they? That and ranch dressing...LOL!
Sounds like a delicious dressing! Will be perfect with a simple green salad.
It's delicious on salad and adds so much flavor!
Avocado lime ranch dressing look yum
So delicious, just like the original.
Perfect for taco night!
Yes! This ranch dressing is delicious on tacos!
I enjoyed this salad dressing so much! The avocado lime is such a great addition to ranch.
Avocado and lime were kind of made for each other, weren't they? 😁
This is such a great recipe, tastes just like the chick fil a dressing!!
This recipe contains some of my favorite ingredients, avocado and lime! It was super quick to make too! Loved it!
We are in total agreement, I'm so glad you liked it!