Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is perfect for salads or dipping. Made with fresh ingredients and seasonings, anyone can make this condiment. This dressing is a Chick Fil A copycat that you can make at home!
Why I Love This Recipe
I'm pretty sure there are two types of people out there: lovers of ranch and ranch haters. Ranch dressing could be a major food group for me. I like ranch on salads, with pizza, as a vegetable dip, etc.
Once I made this Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing, I decided this is my new favorite version. Inspired by Chick-Fil-A's salad dressing, this version only has a few ingredients and takes about 10 minutes or less to make.
Ingredients Needed to Make Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
Avocado: You will need a ripe avocado for this recipe to get the best results for creating a creamy and smooth texture in the dressing.
Sour Cream: Sour cream adds tanginess and creaminess to the dressing. Greek yogurt can be used as a healthier substitute, providing a similar texture and tangy flavor.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk gives the dressing a slightly tangy and creamy taste. It helps to thin out the dressing and provides a smoother consistency.
Fresh Garlic: Fresh garlic adds a pungent and aromatic flavor to the dressing. It can be minced or grated to release its intense taste.
Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice: Lime juice adds a refreshing and citrusy kick to the dressing. It balances the creaminess and adds brightness to the overall flavor.
Fresh Green Onion Stalks: Green onion stalks, also known as scallions, contribute a mild onion flavor and a subtle crunch to the dressing.
Dried Dill: Dried dill adds a distinct herbaceous and slightly sweet taste to the dressing.
Onion Powder: Onion powder enhances the savory flavor profile of the dressing. It adds depth and complexity to the overall taste.
How to Make This Avocado Lime Ranch Sauce
Making homemade salad dressing is pretty easy and for this recipe, your food processor does most of the work for you! Once you prep all of your ingredients, all you have to do is throw them in the food processor or blender and blend them together.
You can decide the consistency you want your avocado lime ranch dressing to be, so stop earlier if you want a thicker sauce or continue to process for a smoother finish.
What to Use this Chick Fil A Copy Cat Dressing For
- The original reason for making this recipe was for a salad dressing of course!
- Use as a dipping sauce for chips, veggies, or my Air Fryer Zucchini Chips!
- This ranch dressing makes a great sauce for grilled steak or chicken.
- Try using this avocado lime sauce instead of mayonnaise and herbs the next time you make egg salad or chicken salad.
Tools For This Recipe
My favorite food processor for making this ranch dressing is my mini KitchenAid food processor. It’s small and compact so it doesn't take up a lot of space and it's the perfect size for this recipe!
I’ve also recently discovered a silicone blender spatula and I use it for everything! It’s long and thin and gets all of those delicious bits you couldn’t reach before.
And to store your avocado lime salad dressing, check out these sealable pint canning jars in a set of 4. You can use these for anything from storing food, to drinking, and canning!
Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3-4 stalks green onion, chopped (green and white parts)
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare all of the ingredients and add them to the food processor or blender.
- Process/blend until everything is combined, you have a thick sauce, and it's at your desired consistency. Store in the fridge in a sealed container or a covered bowl until ready to use. It will last in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
- You can substitute greek yogurt for sour cream.
- If you want a thinner sauce, you can add a little more buttermilk while processing. Start with a small amount because a little goes a long way!
- Store your Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make This Recipe?
You can also sign up for my mailing list and follow me on Pinterest so you never miss a recipe!