Air Fryer Bruschetta
An Easy Air Fryer Bruschetta Recipe that is healthy and delicious! Fresh tomatoes, basil, and bread toasted in the air fryer in minutes. You can have this entire dish put together in less than an hour! This appetizer is perfect for a party or any night of the week.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click a link and make a purchase, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please see the full disclosure for further information and thank you for your support!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is originally from Italy and was created as a way of salvaging bread that was going stale. It is usually served as an antipasto or appetizer consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt.
There are different ingredient variations in the recipe including tomatoes, vegetables, beans, cured meat, basil, garlic, onion, and cheese. In most grocery stores and restaurants today, bruschetta is in reference to the tomato topping when in fact it is the grilled bread the bruschetta is served on.
How to make Air Fryer Bruschetta
- Mince 2-3 garlic cloves and set aside. In a pan over medium-low heat, add 4 tbsp olive oil and allow the oil the heat up.
- Add the minced garlic cloves and cook quickly for about 1-2 minutes, just until you can smell the garlic and it becomes lightly browned. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the oil and garlic cool.
- While the garlic and oil are cooling, dice the tomatoes and slice up the basil into thin pieces (see tip below). Place the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes into the bowl and toss them together.
- Add the garlic and oil and toss to combine. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow all of the flavors to combine.
- Preheat your air fryer to 375° for 3 minutes. Cut the baguette into slices and generously rub the top of each bread slice with garlic then brush each slice with olive oil.
- Place as many bread pieces in your air fryer basket that will fit with room in between (mine fits 5). Air fry for 3-4 minutes and remove to cool. Once all of the slices have been toasted, top each one with the tomato mixture and serve immediately.
Ingredient List for Easy Bruschetta Topping
- 1 medium crusty baguette
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil (plus more for brushing on bread)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp basil, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Quick Tip: Use Fresh Ingredients
Make sure you are using FRESH ingredients. Fresh tomatoes, fresh basil (not dried), fresh garlic (not from a jar), and “good” olive oil and balsamic vinegar. For a dish like bruschetta where it’s all about the fresh ingredients and taste, using fresh, high-quality ingredients is essential to a great result.
I’m the first person to buy sale or generic items at the grocery store. However, for the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, you are only using a few tablespoons. Invest in the good stuff and use it for dishes that require it. Don’t cook with good olive oil, use it for topping and flavor.
What kind of bread to buy
The best bread for this bruschetta is a crusty basic baguette from your local grocery store. My store sells a small-sized baguette for $2. It’s freshly baked each day and it was the perfect size for this recipe.
Of course, you can use whatever bread you like or have on hand. Remember, bruschetta was originally created to use up stale bread before it went bad so if you have bread about to go, this recipe is for you!
Other Topping and Serving Ideas
I wanted to make a classic bruschetta for this recipe and keep it as easy as possible with the least amount of ingredients. However, there are many different ways to serve this recipe, here are a few ideas:
- Make Pesto Chicken with Bruschetta
- Add a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese before adding the tomato topping
- Drizzle with a balsamic reduction for added sweetness
- Add freshly ground black pepper to the top for an extra spice
- Cut up small pieces of fresh mozzarella and add them right to the tomato mixture
- Add avocado to the toasted bread first and make an Italian version of Avocado Toast!
What Air fryer I use for this Recipe
There are so many different types of air fryers out there now, and each one is slightly different. There are countertop air fryers, air fryer ovens, and air fryer attachments to name a few. They even make full-size ovens that act as air fryers now!!
I have the COSORI Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo (shown below) and I love it. It does take up some counter space so make sure you have room for it. If you want a smaller option, check out the COSORI Small Air Fryer.
What if I don’t have an Air Fryer?
If you don’t have an air fryer, no problem. You can easily toast the bread for the bruschetta in your toaster oven or regular oven. Of course, every oven is different. I would suggest starting with a preheated oven at 375º and checking on the bread after 3 minutes to ensure the bread doesn’t burn.
How to easily cut Basil Slices
Here is a quick and easy way to get perfect fresh basil slices every time. All you need is a pair of kitchen scissors! Stack a few basil leaves on top of each other from largest to smallest. Roll up the basil leaves as tight as you can and hold them with your fingers. Carefully cut slices off the end of the basil roll until you have sliced all the way to the end (watch your fingers!). That’s it!
More Easy Recipes to Try
- Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup
- Chile Relleno Enchiladas
- Easy Ramen Noodle Recipe
- Easy French Onion Soup
- Air Fryer Toasted Coconut Lime Donuts
Air Fryer Bruschetta
- mixing bowl
- basting/pastry brush
- frying pan
- 1 medium crusty baguette
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing on bread)
- 5 cloves garlic (4 minced and 1 to rub on the bread)
- 2 tablespoon large basil, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Mince 4 garlic cloves and set aside (one clove will be reserved for the bread). In a pan over medium-low heat, add 4 tbsp olive oil and allow the oil the heat up. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, just until you can smell the garlic and it becomes lightly browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic or it will be bitter. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the oil and garlic to cool.
- While the garlic and oil are cooling, dice the tomatoes and slice up the basil into thin pieces (see tip below). Place the tomatoes, basil, vinegar, salt, and red pepper flakes into the bowl and toss them together. Add the garlic and oil and mix to combine. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes to allow all of the flavors to combine.
- Cut the baguette into 1/2" slices. Cut the last garlic clove in half and generously rub the top of each bread slice with the garlic. Brush each slice with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer at 375°F for 3 minutes. Place as many pieces of bread that will fit in your air fryer basket with room in between (mine fit 5). Air fry for 3-4 minutes and remove to cool, there is no need to flip and toast both sides. 3 minutes gave the bread a nice crusty edge with just a hint of softness still in the middle. 4 minutes was a perfectly toasted and crispy slice.
- Once all of the slices have been toasted, top each one with the bruschetta and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Always read the instruction manual that came with your Air Fryer and follow all safety guidelines.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you make this Easy Air Fryer Bruschetta Recipe?
You can also follow me on Pinterest or sign up for my mailing list so you never miss a recipe. Thanks for checking out my site and feel free to reach out with any questions or suggestions at [email protected]!