Homemade Snickers Bars
This recipe for Homemade Snickers Bars Recipe is rich, decadent and delicious! It’s easy to make and everyone will love it. Oh, and your house will smell like snickers!
These. Are. So. Good. Like crazy good. And these Homemade Snickers Bars are pretty easy to make. I saw these being made on TV on the show “Girl Meets Farm” on Food Network and knew I had to give it a whirl.
Kids and adults will love these Homemade Snickers Bars. They would be awesome to make for a party, sleepover, game day, etc. I made mine for a girl’s weekend full of wine, food and fun and I know these are going to disappear quickly!
There are quite a few steps because of the different layers. Definitely read through the entire recipe at least once before starting so you can make sure you have all of your ingredients and measurements ready to go.
Homemade Snickers Bars
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 oz marshmallow cream
- 1½ cups salted peanuts
- 1 bag caramels
- Line a 9×13 pan (I used 8×10 so the layers were a little thicker) with parchment paper leaving extra on the sides to be able to lift the final bar out of the pan. Also, make sure you have space in your freezer for the pan because it will be going in and out a few times through the process.
- Place 1 cup of the chocolate chips and ¼ cup of the peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds (this should be enough, if not reheat at 20-second intervals). Stir the mixture until smooth and pour evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Place pan in the freezer. Set the bowl aside, you will use it again for the top chocolate layer.
- Prepare ¼ cup peanut butter and set aside. In a small saucepan, place the butter, sugar and ¼ cup of the evaporated milk. Turn heat to medium, stirring occasionally as the butter melts. Once the mixture is boiling, stir constantly for 5-6 minutes.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat and stir in prepared peanut butter, the vanilla and the marshmallow cream. Stir until pretty smooth. This mixture gets really thick and a little chunky, don't worry, it's fine. Just stir as much as you can. Remove the pan from the freezer, spread out the nougat layer and then place the pan back in the freezer.
- IN another microwave-safe bowl, add the caramels and ¼ cup evaporated milk. Microwave for 60 seconds, remove and stir. Microwave again at 30-second intervals until the mixture is nice and smooth. Yes, it will smooth out, I promise ?.
- Remove pan from the freezer and top nougat layer with peanuts. Use your hands to gently press the peanuts into the nougat. Pour melted caramel mixture over the top of the peanuts, spread out and return the pan to the freezer.
- In the same microwave-safe bowl you used for chocolate before, add the remaining cup of chocolate chips and the last ¼ cup of peanut butter to the bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds. Remove mixture from microwave and stir until smooth. Take the pan out of the freezer and pour and smooth the last chocolate layer over the caramel.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or more to let everything set. This makes the cutting easier and the flavors all meld together even more. Enjoy!
More Delicious Dessert Recipes:
- Twix Cookies
- Easy Passion Fruit Bars
- Naked Marionberry Cake
- No-Bake Cake Batter Mousse
- Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread
Love this recipe?!? Sign up for my email list and get even more fun and delicious ideas in your inbox! Did you make this recipe?!? Tag me on Instagram and show me your creation @emilyfabulous_blog!