If you love tropical drinks that make you feel like you are on vacation, you have to try this Tiki Bitters Whiskey Sour! A balance of whiskey, amaretto, orange liqueur, and fruit juice will bring you to the sunshine no matter where you are.
Ingredients for a Tiki Bitters Whiskey Sour
- rye whiskey (or your favorite whiskey)
- pineapple juice
- fresh lemon juice
- orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
- tiki bitters (I used Bittermens)
- fruit for garnish
What Whiskey to Use
I used a rye whiskey in this cocktail because I like the bite in rye whiskey and I wanted to balance the sweetness of this drink. Rye whiskey is made with a rye mash which makes it dryer, more intense, and a little spicy. Bourbon whiskey is made with a corn mash so it tends to be sweeter. That being said, you can use any whiskey you like and this drink will be delicious.
What are Tiki Bitters?
Tiki bitters are a blend of spices to add an enhanced flavor to your tropical drinks. It has cinnamon, allspice, ginger, citrus peel, and cardamom to name a few ingredients. Tiki bitters will balance a typically sweet tropical drink without overwhelming it.
Tools Needed to Make this Whiskey Cocktail
Other Cocktail Recipes to Check Out
- Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail
- The Modern Negroni Cocktail Recipe
- Coconut Lime Margarita
- Grapefruit Tequila Cocktail
- Gin Elderflower Cocktail Recipe
Tiki Bitters Whiskey Sour
- garnish stick or toothpick
- 2 ounces rye whiskey (or bourbon)
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ¼ ounce amaretto
- ¼ ounces orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
- 1-2 droppers tiki bitters (I used Bittermens)
- fruit for garnish (cherries, orange slice, pineapple, etc)
- Prepare a lowball cocktail glass with fresh ice and prepare a garnish stick with your choice of garnish. I used a cherry and a slice of orange.
- Place all of the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake for 10 seconds until nice and cold.
- Strain into the prepared glass and enjoy immediately. Cheers!
- Nutrition facts do not include garnishes.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Try This Whiskey Sour with Tiki Bitters?
If you get a chance to try this Whiskey Sour cocktail, tell me about it in the comments below. You can also tag me on Instagram or Facebook and show me your drink!
If you want more cocktail and food recipes, sign up for my email list and follow me on Pinterest!
Amateur mixologist says
It was just okay. I love tiki drinks and whisky sours, but this was less enjoyable than either one.
Sorry you didn't love it. Not every drink works for everyone, but thanks for giving it a try!
What a refreshing cocktail recipe! Love it.
I've never tried it with the tiki bitters, but it was really good. My husband especially loved it.
I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it!
This is my kind of whiskey sour and these bitters sound delicious. Can't wait to get my drink on!
You have to try the Tiki bitters, they are so unique. Enjoy!
Such a fun drink!!
It's a good one! Thanks, Audrey!
Oh yum! This sounds like my kind of cocktail. 😉
I hope you get a chance to try it!
Jessica Formicola says
I love a good whiskey sour, and this one looks great with it's tropical twist! Can't wait to try it!
That's exactly what it is!! Enjoy!
I love this combination of fruitiness with whiskey and amaretto. I never would have thought of it, but it really works!
I'm so glad you liked it, Sue! Cheers!
These are going to be perfect for garden parties in the summer. I can't wait to try them.
Yes, they will be a hit for sure. Cheers!