This Blackberry Martini is the ultimate summer cocktail for hot days, parties, or BBQs. It’s the perfect blend of vodka, muddled blackberries, fresh lemon juice, and creme de Violette for a delicious and beautiful cocktail.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. This means if you click on a link and make a purchase, I may receive an affiliate commission at no cost to you. Please see the full disclosure for further information and thank you for your support!
Blackberries are an awesome fruit because they are sweet, but also just a little tart, and an amazing color. All of those qualities make for a delicious and beautiful Blackberry Martini. I also added a little creme de Violette which balances out the tartness of the blackberries and the lemon juice.
How to Make a Blackberry Vodka Martini
- Place the blackberries at the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle until as much of the juice from the berries has been released as possible.
- Add the rest of the ingredients along with some fresh ice and shake until nice and cold. Strain into your favorite martini glass and garnish.
Tools Needed to Make a Blackberry Martini with Fresh Blackberries
To make great cocktails at home, you need to make sure you have the right tools. For a complete list, check out my List of Bar Tools. For this blackberry cocktail, you will need a cocktail shaker, a muddler with teeth, a measuring jigger, and a martini glass.
If your muddler doesn’t have teeth, you can still use it. But I would recommend getting one with teeth for things like berries to make sure you get as much juice as possible. And, if you don’t have a martini glass or have a favorite glass you like to use, your cocktail will still taste amazing.
What is Creme de Violette?
Creme de Violette is a liquor made from natural and/or artificial violet flower flavoring and coloring and has either a brandy base, a neutral spirit base, or a combination of the two. It tastes delicately sweet and floral, somewhat like Violette candies if you have ever tried them.
The “creme” does not mean cream as some may think, this liquor has no cream in it. The name “creme” is used when there is sugar added that gives a cream-like texture. Other things with creme in the name are Creme de Cassis and Creme de Menthe.
More Cocktail Recipes to Check Out
- Blueberry Lavender Cocktail
- Huckleberry Cocktail Recipe
- Tiki Bitters Whiskey Sour
- Grapefruit Elderflower Margarita
- Blood Orange Whiskey Sour
Blackberry Vodka Martini
- cocktail shaker
- measuring jigger
- muddler with teeth
- martini glass
- 6-8 blackberries
- 2 ounces vodka
- ½ ounce creme de Violette
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- a fresh mint sprig or a fresh blackberry for garnish (optional)
- Place the blackberries at the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle.
- Add the rest of the ingredients along with some fresh ice and shake until nice and cold. Strain into a martini glass and garnish. Cheers!
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make This Blackberry Vodka Cocktail?
Want more fun and delicious recipes? Sign up for my email list and follow me on Pinterest for updates on all of my latest recipes!