Easy Cherry Crumble Bars
These Cherry Crumble Bars are so easy to make and taste like a pie in a bar! This recipe will definitely become one of your favorites for any occasion. Serve warm with ice cream or cold with coffee, either way, it is delicious!
This blog post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you make a purchase by using one of the affiliate links provided in this article, then I might get a small commission at no extra expense to you. All listed prices are subject to change without notice.
We ended up with 36 pounds of fresh cherries (yes, 3-6) this summer and I couldn’t wait to make all things cherry. As I was surfing Instagram one Sunday morning I came across some Cherry Pie Crumble Bars from @bluebowlrecipes. They looked so good I jumped out of bed and went straight to the kitchen to see what I could make. I adapted this recipe to what I had on hand and made a few adjustments, the result was a delicious bar with a cherry almond flavor to die for!!
- 2½ cups fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ cups quick oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg (or ½ tsp ground nutmeg)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° and prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick spray and/or parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for the cherry filling in a bowl and stir together gently to combine. Place in refrigerator until ready to build bars.
- In another bowl place the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Stir together to combine everything evenly. Add the melted butter a little at a time to combine completely with flour mixture.
- Take ⅓ of the crumble mixture and place it in the bottom of the prepared pan. Evenly spread out along the bottom and gently press with fingers to create an even crust. Bake bottom crust for 12 minutes, remove and cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Once the crust bottom crust is cooled, take the cherry mixture out of the fridge and evenly distribute it on the baked bottom. Sprinkle the reserved crumble mixture over the top of cherries and gently press down to pack in crumble top.
- Bake again for 25 minutes, the topping will brown slightly, but not much. Remove from oven and cool. You can enjoy warm which is delicious and crumbly. Or, you can enjoy refrigerated or cooled which is also delicious and more bar-like. I enjoyed my second helping the next day my with my morning coffee straight out of the fridge and it was heaven!
The great thing about this recipe is you can use any fruit you want, not just cherries. It would be delicious with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, etc., etc., etc. The possibilities are endless. These bars will last a few days in the fridge in an airtight container.
Don’t forget to check out my other cherry recipes: the Fresh Cherry Tart Recipe and Homemade Luxardo Cherries! Thanks for checking out my post, if you want more easy and delicious recipes, sign up for my email list and follow me on Instagram @emilyfabulous26.
Thanks again to Blue Bowl Recipes for the inspiration and recipe idea!