This easy Grapefruit Gin Cocktail only has 3 ingredients and not only tastes great, but it looks pretty too. Use your favorite gin, elderflower liqueur, and fresh grapefruit juice to make this perfect pink cocktail.
Grapefruit juice and elderflower liqueur are a flavor match made in heaven. Add your favorite gin and you have a Grapefruit Gin Cocktail that will be your new favorite. Make a craft cocktail at home with only 3 ingredients!
If you love grapefruit, check out my recipes for Pink Grapefruit Bars or Grapefruit Pound Cake for more citrusy treats.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
- gin of choice
- freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, strained
- elderflower liqueur such at St-Germain
- a fresh sprig of rosemary, optional
How to Make this Cocktail
Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit and strain out the pulp using a fine-mesh sieve. Add all of the cocktail ingredients and fresh ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 20-30 seconds to ensure the cocktail is nice and cold. Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary if desired and enjoy!
What is Elderflower Liqueur?
Elderflower Liqueur is a floral and sweet liqueur that can be enjoyed on its own or in a craft cocktail. This liqueur is made from elderflowers which have their own unique scent and taste. The most common brand of elderflower liqueur is St-Germain. Most liquor stores have St-Germain and a few options that are less expensive as well.
Tips for Making This Cocktail
- I used pink grapefruit for this cocktail but you can use whatever type of grapefruit you have. Red grapefruit would be really pretty and a little sweeter.
- Straining the pulp from the grapefruit juice will ensure a smooth cocktail and an easier pour into the glass. Make sure you use fresh grapefruit juice.
- If you choose to garnish with a rosemary spring, if you gently press and roll the piece between your finger you will release the oils and the aroma will be stronger, enhancing the drink.
- The better the gin you use, the better the drink will taste. I would recommend using a more aromatic and herbal gin like Aviation or Hendricks.
- Make sure you shake your cocktail until it is nice and cold. I always give a few extra shakes when I think I'm done just for good measure. This cocktail is best when super cold.
Tools to Make A Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
More Cocktail Recipes to Check Out
- Grapefruit Elderflower Margarita
- Blood Orange Pisco Sour
- Gin Elderflower Cocktail Recipe
- The Last Word Cocktail
- Lemon Curd Cocktail Recipe
Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
- fine mesh sieve
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, strained
- 1 ounces elderflower liqueur (I used St-Germain)
- sprig of rosemary as garnish
- Juice the grapefruit and strain the liquid from the pulp. Discard the pulp.
- Add all of the ingredients and fresh ice to a cocktail shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary for aroma, and enjoy! Cheers!
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make this Grapefruit Gin Cocktail?
If you get a chance to make this Grapefruit Cocktail, don't forget to leave a comment and rating below. You can also tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you share a photo!
Want more delicious and fun cocktail and food recipes? Follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my mailing list so you never miss a recipe!
Mama Maggie's Kitchen says
It looks refreshing. I wish this were in front of me right now.
Thanks, Maggie, it's definitely refreshing!
Can't wait to try this!
This is the perfect drink for after work! So delicious!
I love the flavor of grapefruit in drinks. It's been ages since I have had a gin drink I just have to give this a try.
Jere, if you like grapefruit and gin this is the drink for you!
Such a refreshing cocktail!
Thanks for trying it, Lilly!!🍸
So bright and fresh. A perfect drink for this hot spring day!
That's exactly right, cheers!
This cocktail is beautiful and so refreshing.
Thanks, Angela! Enjoy and cheers!
This is such a delicious drink! My husband loved it!
Glad to hear it, Toni. Cheers!
This looks super refreshing. I will definitely be trying it at the weekend.
It defintely refreshing, I know you will love it!
I made this for my husband who loves grapefruit and it was a hit!
That makes me so happy! I'm glad your hubby liked this cocktail.
I made this last night when my kids came over. My daughter in law ranted about them all night. Thanks!
So glad to hear it, Beth! I guess you will have to have grapefruits on hand next time she comes over 😂.
Kristina Tipps says
This looks really good and I can't wait to try it. I've been looking for a change from my usual summer frozen margarita and this might be it!
You are going to love this cocktail, and it can be a friend of the margarita!!💃🏼