Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
This easy Grapefruit Gin Cocktail only has 3 ingredients and not only tastes great, but it looks pretty too. Use your favorite gin, elderflower liqueur, and fresh grapefruit juice to make this perfect pink cocktail.
This blog post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through a link. Please see the full disclosure for further information.
Grapefruit juice and elderflower liqueur are a flavor match made in heaven. Add your favorite gin and you have a Grapefruit Gin Cocktail that will be your new favorite. Make a craft cocktail at home with only 3 ingredients!
Ingredients Needed to Make a Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
- gin of choice
- freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, strained
- elderflower liqueur such at St-Germain
- a fresh sprig of rosemary, optional
How to Make this Cocktail
Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit and strain out the pulp using a fine-mesh sieve. Add all of the cocktail ingredients and fresh ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake for 20-30 seconds to ensure the cocktail is nice and cold. Strain the drink into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary if desired and enjoy!
What is Elderflower Liqueur?
Elderflower Liqueur is a floral and sweet liqueur that can be enjoyed on its own or in a craft cocktail. This liqueur is made from elderflowers which have their own unique scent and taste. The most common brand of elderflower liqueur is St-Germain. Most liquor stores have St-Germain and a few options that are less expensive as well.
Tips for Making This Cocktail
- I used pink grapefruit for this cocktail but you can use whatever type of grapefruit you have. Red grapefruit would be really pretty and a little sweeter.
- Straining the pulp from the grapefruit juice will ensure a smooth cocktail and an easier pour into the glass. Make sure you use fresh grapefruit juice.
- If you choose to garnish with a rosemary spring, if you gently press and roll the piece between your finger you will release the oils and the aroma will be stronger, enhancing the drink.
- The better the gin you use, the better the drink will taste. I would recommend using a more aromatic and herbal gin like Aviation or Hendricks.
- Make sure you shake your cocktail until it is nice and cold. I always give a few extra shakes when I think I’m done just for good measure. This cocktail is best when super cold.
Tools to Make A Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
More Cocktail Recipes to Check Out
- Grapefruit Elderflower Margarita
- Blood Orange Pisco Sour
- Gin Elderflower Cocktail Recipe
- The Last Word Cocktail
- Lemon Curd Cocktail Recipe
Grapefruit Gin Cocktail
- cocktail shaker
- measuring jigger
- fine mesh sieve
- 2 ounces gin
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, strained
- 1 ounces elderflower liqueur (I used St-Germain)
- sprig of rosemary as garnish
- Juice the grapefruit and strain the liquid from the pulp. Discard the pulp.
- Add all of the ingredients and fresh ice to a cocktail shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass, garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary for aroma, and enjoy! Cheers!
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make this Grapefruit Gin Cocktail?
Want more delicious and fun cocktail and food recipes? Follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my mailing list so you never miss a recipe!