Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread
This recipe for Easy Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread using frozen dinner rolls will quickly become a favorite in your home. They are very easy to make and delicious to eat! Cinnamon, sugar, butter, nuts and frozen rolls, that’s it. You can’t go wrong with this sweet breakfast treat that everyone will love!
Ok, some people call this Monkey Bread, my Mom calls them Christmas Cinnamon Rolls… whatever you call them, they are AMAZING! My family makes this Pull-Apart Bread Cinnamon Bread every year for Christmas morning (hence, my mom’s name for them). They have quickly become a family tradition because they are so easy and so good! I’ve actually started making these for every special occasion, not just Christmas.
I got this recipe from my Mom who had the recipe printed out on Christmas stock paper. So, needless to say, it was a while ago. LOL! And we still make them because they are that good. And that easy.
What equipment do I need?
The most important thing to know is you need a Bundt pan or a tube pan and you have to prepare these the night before. Other than that, ANYONE can make these rolls. It’s also a fun activity for kids while getting ready for Santa the next day.
You only need 6 ingredients for these rolls and no one will know how easy they were to make because they are so delicious. Of course, these don’t only have to be for a holiday or special occasion. You can make them whenever you want!
Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread
- bundt pan or tube pan
- 12-16 frozen bread rolls (I use Rhodes, easy to find in the frozen section)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼-½ cup chopped nuts (optional, walnuts or pecans work great!)
The Night Before
- Prepare your pan with non-stick spray. I use a silicone pan and it is amazing! The silicone makes it easy to remove the bread and it's easy to clean.
- Place the chopped nuts at the bottom of the pan all around, these will end up on top of rolls when you flip the pan after baking.
- Soften ¼ cup of the butter in the microwave for 15-second intervals, be careful not to completely melt it! Add the brown sugar to the softened butter and mix completely. Spread the mixture over the chopped nuts.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, completely melt the remaining butter (about 30 seconds). Use a medium-sized bowl because this will be one of the dipping steps. In another medium-sized bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. This will be the second dipping step.
- Take each frozen roll one at a time and dip it first into the melted butter, then into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and ensure they are fully coated. Place the coated roll on top of the nut and butter layers. Repeat until the bottom of your pan is completely full. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan, these are going to rise A LOT!!
- Take a piece of foil and spray one side with non-stick spray. Place over the top of the pan to cover rolls (the cooking spray is so the rolls don't stick to the foil after they rise, trust me on this one😉). Place the pan in your oven (not a warm/hot oven!!) or on the counter overnight and they will be ready to bake in the morning when you wake up!
The Next Morning
- REMOVE the pan from the oven first and then pre-heat the oven to 350°. Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes (I told you they would rise…).
- Once baked, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the pan to cool for a minute or two. Now you are going to flip the pan over onto a large plate or cake pan using pot holders . I discovered my 9" cake pan was perfect for these rolls and the lip keeps all that gooey cinnamon glaze on the rolls. BE CAREFUL because the pan and the rolls are REALLY hot!!!
- Allow the bread to cool for about 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
- Remember, you prepare these the night before and bake them the next morning. You won’t be able to make these in the morning because the rolls are frozen and need to rise so don’t forget!!
If you love this recipe, check out some more of my Easy Recipes below:
Once you make this Easy Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread, you will have a quick and simple recipe on hand for any occasion. The best part is, you can have the frozen rolls in your freezer in advance so there is hardly any planning ahead. Enjoy!