This Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail is perfect for Valentine's Day with its bright and vibrant color and beautiful combination of flavors. Gin, elderflower liqueur, strawberries, and lime come together for the perfect drink for your sweetheart.
Make this Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail for Valentine's Day or just a special treat. The citrus, berry, and floral flavors all compliment each other and come together to make a delicious and beautiful craft cocktail.
Ingredients Needed for a Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail
- Gin (I used Aviation Gin)
- Elderflower Liqueur (I used St. Germain Liqueur)
- fresh lime
- fresh strawberries
- egg white
- simple syrup
How to Make this Strawberry Gin Cocktail
- Juice half of the lime and place the strawberries, lime juice, and the lime half that was just juiced in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Muddle everything together to release the juices and flavors. Remove the lime half.
- Add the gin, elderflower liqueur, simple syrup, and egg white to the shaker. Place the lid on top and dry shake (no ice) for about 15-20 seconds. Remove the lid, add ice, and shake again for another 15-20 seconds. Double strain into your favorite coupe glass. Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!
How to Make Simple Syrup for this Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail
Simple syrup is exactly what it says...simple! It's a 1:1 ratio of water to sugar. Simply add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a saucepan over med-high heat. Stir while the sugar dissolves and allow the mixture to boil for 4-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely (if you pour the syrup into a different container, it will cool off faster). Store the simple syrup in a sealable container in the fridge and it will last for a few weeks.
What is Elderflower Liqueur?
Elderflower Liqueur is a sweet and floral liqueur that can be enjoyed on its own or in a delicious cocktail. This liqueur is made from elderflowers which have their own unique scent and taste. The most common brand of elderflower liqueur is St-Germain. St-Germain can be found at most liquor stores along with a few alternatives that may be less expensive.
Do I have to Add an Egg White to this?
You can still enjoy this Strawberry Elderflower Valentine Cocktail without the egg white. You will not get the same foamy top as the photo, but the cocktail will still taste amazing. See my notes on the USDA comments on egg whites in the recipe. Not everyone is comfortable adding egg white to their drink, and that’s ok!
Do I have to Use Gin in This Elderflower Cocktail?
Although gin is a nice compliment to the elderflower liqueur, you can substitute vodka instead if you want to. The flavors will change slightly but the elderflower and strawberry will still be really good together.
Tools to Make this Strawberry Gin Cocktail
There are a few tools that will help you make a fantastic Strawberry Gin Cocktail at home. First, you will need a cocktail shaker. Next, a cocktail muddler with teeth that will work perfectly for the strawberries and lime. Lastly, a mesh strainer is a tool you need for cocktails with egg white and muddled fruit to catch any pieces you don't want in your cocktail. Check out my post of a List of Bar Tools for all of your home bartending needs.
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Lavender Pisco Sour
- Gin Elderflower Cocktail
- Coconut Lime Margarita
- Grapefruit Tequila Cocktail
- The Last Word Cocktail
Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail
- coupe glass
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounces Elderflower Liqueur (I used St. Germain)
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ ounces simple syrup (see notes for recipe)
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries, rinsed and stems removed
- 1 large egg white*
- 1 strawberry for garnish
- Juice half of the lime and place the strawberries, lime juice, and the lime half that was juiced in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Muddle everything together to release the juices and flavors. Remove the lime peel.
- Add the gin, elderflower liqueur, simple syrup, and egg white to the shaker. Place the lid on top and dry shake (no ice) for 8-10 seconds. Remove the lid, add ice, and shake again for another 8-10 seconds.
- Double strain into your favorite coupe glass. Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy!
- Simple syrup is exactly what it says...simple! It's a 1:1 ratio of water to sugar. Simply add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a saucepan over med-high heat. Stir while the sugar dissolves and allow the mixture to boil for 4-5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely (if you pour the syrup into a different container, it will cool off faster). Store the simple syrup in a sealable container in the fridge and it will stay fresh for a few weeks.
*The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) considers it safe to use raw eggs if they are pasteurized. Bottom Line: Raw eggs may contain a type of pathogenic bacteria called Salmonella, which can cause food poisoning. However, the risk of an egg being contaminated is quite low. Please proceed at your own risk and decide if you are ok with this. I have never had an issue.
Any nutrition calculations are only estimates using online calculators. Please verify using your own data.
Did you Make This Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail Recipe?
If you make this Strawberry Elderflower Liqueur Cocktail, tag me on Instagram or Facebook and show me! I would also love for you to leave a comment and a rating below.
If you love fun cocktails and easy food and dessert recipes, follow me on Pinterest and sign up for my email list and you will never miss a recipe!
I just made strawberry simple syrup and am looking forward to tweaking this cocktail recipe just a little bit to use it! Thanks
This will be the perfect cocktail for your syrup. Cheers!
Ana @ Oasis of Taste says
I like strawberries. This is my favorite fruit. I just need to try this cocktail. Thanks for the recipe 🙂
If you like strawberries you will really enjoy this cocktail. Cheers!
Sounds so tasty. I love the flavors and color. I will save this to give it a try.
Isn't the color fantastic? Thanks, Natalie!
OMG...I'm in love with this cocktail! I love the combination flavors of strawberry and elderflower, and I'll be sure to enjoy this more in the summer.
I'm so glad you love it! That's such a good idea to make this summer as well when the strawberries are even better 😁.
Strawberry cocktails are the best! The best of both worlds if you ask me. 🙂 And the recipe seems so easy to make - just perfect!
I totally agree!! Anything with strawberries and I am in!
I've missed going out to our favorite cocktail bar, but this recipe was easily just as good as what we'd usually get out. Such a great recipe! Pinned it so I don't forget to make it again.
I'm so glad to hear it, Kelli. I try to make cocktails that will do just that, remind us of our favorite bars since we can't go to them right now.
Gin is such a fun liquor to mix cocktails with ! This is a beautiful drink and has such balanced flavors. Love it!
Gin is my favorite for sure. I'm so glad you like this cocktail!
Beautiful and flavorful cocktail! Perfect for Valentine's Day or any springtime get togethers. YUM!
Thanks, Angela! I will definitely be making this one long after Valentine's Day...lol!
I love the bright color of this drink!
Isn't it awesome? That's just from the strawberries!
Such a great cocktail. I love the elderflower.
Thank you, Laura!
So light and fruity. I can't wait to try it.
You are going to love it!
I love elderflower anything! Yum!
I love elderflower as well, such a great flavor!
This looks so perfect for valentines day, I love a good cocktail! Thanks for the great recipe.
You're welcome, Chloe, it is a good one for Vday!
Such an amazing color. I love elderflower too!
Thanks, Jere, I love elderflower too!
Your cocktail will surely be included in my Valentine's menu this year. I never bothered to make a big deal about this holiday, but I will this year. If the pandemic taught me something is to enjoy every damn second! Life is short, let's just make it fun every chance we have!:))
That's so true, Mihaela! It's so easy to take things for granted and forget how precious moments are. Enjoy and cheers!