10 Uses for Homemade Lavender Syrup
Here are 10 uses for lavender syrup and the recipe to make your own! Anyone can make this easy syrup and it adds a wonderful floral flavor and aroma to so many things, not to mention the pretty purple color.
- ¼ cup dried lavender buds
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- purple food coloring (or red & blue) optional
- Place lavender buds and ¾ cup water in a small pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from heat and steep for 30 minutes or more.
- Strain the flower buds from the liquid and discard the buds.
- Add the sugar and remaining water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add lavender liquid and stir for about 30 seconds just to make sure all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add food coloring (optional) and stir to combine. You can store lavender syrup in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
10 Uses for Lavender Syrup
2. Lavender Latte: make a delicious latte and add some syrup…delicious!
3. Lavender Lemonade: homemade lemonade is best, use the syrup to sweeten the lemonade and add amazing flavor.
4. Lavender Frosting: make your favorite frosting and add syrup for an unexpected floral taste.
5. Lavender Whipped Cream: whip up some cream and add some syrup for flavor and color. What a surprise this would make….or on hot chocolate…YUM!!
6. Lavender Pancake Topping: instead of regular syrup, try something new!
7. Lavender Ice Cream Topping: make that vanilla anything but vanilla…
8. Lavender Iced Tea: Add this yummy syrup to your iced tea for a delicious summer treat, add a slice of lemon and enter heaven.
9. Lavender Sparkling Water: Get your hydration on in style.
10. Give Lavender Syrup as a gift: No one will hate your gift… I promise. Maybe add a bottle of gin or vodka and a few lemons. Done and done.
I hope you make this lavender syrup and come up with your own ideas of what to do with it! If you do, tag me on Instagram @emilyfabulous_blog. And, if you love lavender, here are some of my other lavender recipes for you to check out: